PSVR 2, anyone interested?

Soldato
OP
I wonder if sony or a third party would make a device/connector that makes the PSVR2 compatible with PCVR or even a wireless module that would do both?

Soldato
OP
I was a bit surprised he said the headset uses a USB cable to connect to the playstation. quite a few people deride the quest 2 for having such a connection.
This could be really interesting. So the headset is running off 5V and getting the video/audio signal also from the USB data lines. Is the video/audio signal a sony proprietry one, or is is the same/similar signal that was used for the Rift/Rift S and/or Index.
Is the foveated renderingness done in the headset or the console?

If it is just a 'standard VR video/audio signal' could it not also be PCVR compatible with a suitable adaptor dongle coming shortly from China?

Soldato
OP
i've been told elsewhere that the bandwidth of psvr2 usb cable is 10gb/sec whereas the quest 2's is 500mb/sec.
I specifically didn't mention the Q2 as the PCVR signal is encoded in the PC and the headset does the de-encoding. I don' t believe this is the case with dedicated PCVR headsets.

Soldato
OP
I wonder if TPCast are looking into a wireless solution for the PSVR2 like they did with the Oculus Rift and Vive headsets.

The old kits are now EOL and no-one sells it new. So, I don't believe any competitor rules will be broken linking to an EOL piece of hardware. If so mods please fill yer boots and delete it.

Linky to ancient EOL hardware. definitely not scram, skim, scum or anything like that

https://www.**********/products/tpcast-ce-02h-wireless-adapter-for-oculus-rift-headset-provides-360-degree-freedom-of-movement-for-u

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

@2:52 'wand / women toy things'
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Soldato
OP
So the Meta is what 1500 quid.
The Vive and Valves are 1000 quid but also require a beefy PC to run. So that's what 2-3k+

In comparison the PSVR2 is cheap!

The general VR buying public, not the enthusiasts here, will be wrongly comparing it to the Quest 2 and Pico 4, and so it will appear more expensive.

Soldato
OP
I changed my mind cancelled my pre-order etc. Reason being it dawned on me i was paying over £1k just to be able to play 1 game (gran turismo 7).

This could be the start of a major new thread 'How much have you spent/would spend on a single game (including sims)?

Soldato
OP
Haha yep, people with $10k racing sim rigs just to play one racing game, nervously shifty eyes. There are racing wheels that cost 3 times more than this headset and people buy it to play one game

Despite having all the bells and whistles, there's not one 'game' that I'd want to play on PS5 so this headset is not for me.

Soldato
OP
I know it's a different design, but I didn't realise that controllers were this big! Compared to q2.

1801kue3n9ha1.jpg

I guess it has to allow for all sorts of sized hands since there's a 100% limited space, whereas you can just overhang the bottom of the q2 ones if your hands are larger.

It's part of the full body tracking as you can wear it like a thong.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom