Pull? Push? AIO Cooling question

Soldato
Hello folks.

Age old question.... got a H150 Corsair AIO and want to mount the fans at the top of the case.

How should I mount these do you think?
Radiator right at the top with fans underneath pushing air through the radiators and out of the top of the case?

Associate
Probably a negligible difference between push and pull on that rad but push will be optimal.

In an ideal world you want fans taking air from outside the case and pushing it through the rad but it's not always possible due to desire for aesthetics etc. If you mount it on top, as long as you've got good airflow sucking in air from bottom / sides and exhausting out the top I can't see much of an issue unless the gpu is air cooled and pumps out a load of heat (it'll go through your AIO rad)

Soldato
I have my H100 blowing out the top of the case along with 2 fans at the front of the case pulling air in and one fan at the back pushing air out of the back. so , in at the front and out of the top and back :).

Soldato
Pull if you only got fans on one side. The most significant benefit is the radiator fins act as dust filter so your fans don’t end up with a load of gunk. And all you need is a hoover and 10s to clean the dust off the rad

Back
Top Bottom