Pump for CF GPU only blocks

Associate
Hi Guys,

I am planning on watercooling CF 6870s with GPU only blocks.

This will put some pretty tight turns in the hose so i imagine I will need a reasonably powerful pump. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I will just be using a 240mm rad to start with, but I want the pump to be good enough so I can add a 200mm x 200mm rad and my CPU to the loop.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Associate
OP
R.e price of GPU blocks - I'm talking GPU only blocks, not full cover, they are £30-40.

Good idea about the angles, thanks for that. The tubing I have is quite thin walled as doesn't seem to kink very easily. Is there a disadvantage to the narrow walled pipe?

Also i was hoping a D5 wasn't really necessary as they are about £80, could I get anyway with something less powerfull?

Associate
OP
Why are you thinking about watercooling them?

So they produce less heat and noise?

I actually only have 1 at the moment but am about to get a second. The first one is running quite hot- upto about 75, and is dumping heat straight into my CPU cooler.

Adding a second card is going to make a lot more heat and noise so watercooling seems in order.

I know if you add up the resale price of my current card, the price of a second and watercooling costs you are getting on for 7950 money, but watercooling the GPUs means I can easily add the CPU to the loop later, and it means I get to play with plumbing, which is part of the appeal.

I would like to have the whole system on water, GPUs just seem a good place to start.

Associate
well if your thinking of adding the cpu to the loop you just kinda negated your whole thing of wanting to run a less powered pump? better to get the d5 now so when you do go for the CPU in the loop you have the power to push round at a decent flow rate!

also just going gpu blocks and having the tight bends will reduce flow.. just get the d5 to be safe!

Back
Top Bottom