Pump problem

Associate
The pump doesn't start from cold boot, few knocks and it seems to go.

Today it wouldn't go, wonder if maybe something was blocking as I'd seen a chunk of that black mesh float when it started up last

Well the black mesh just crumbles and it's probably blocking the pump more now that I've found that.

Should it crumble?

Associate
OP
My blocks look like trash and the tubes are cloudy, but i took the pump out cleaned it. Blew through the system to get gunk (disintegrated black sponge) out, and set it back up with some white vinegar and distilled water.

The pump is bubbling away like mad now, but it's all working :) will probably just start again when I upgrade my system in 10 years

Associate
What make was your pump?
My DDC 3.2 pump is causing trouble now. It struggles to start, a tap or shake usually gets it going. Luckily I have alarms set up to **** the pc down on high temps so no damage. Havnt had time to take the pump apart to check for anything that could cause problems. A quick google throws up some similar problems with my pump. Its only 2 months old so will probably rma when I get the time. I see ek make a heatsink for ddc pumps would overheating have caused my problems. I would have got a D5 pump but it wont fit in my case.

Associate
OP
What make was your pump?
My DDC 3.2 pump is causing trouble now. It struggles to start, a tap or shake usually gets it going. Luckily I have alarms set up to **** the pc down on high temps so no damage. Havnt had time to take the pump apart to check for anything that could cause problems. A quick google throws up some similar problems with my pump. Its only 2 months old so will probably rma when I get the time. I see ek make a heatsink for ddc pumps would overheating have caused my problems. I would have got a D5 pump but it wont fit in my case.

EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 100 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite (incl. pump)

I wonder if yours could be getting clogged by break away piece of that black sponge material? a tap dislodges it enough to let the motor start.

Associate
Mine is the same pump(I dont use the pwm yet though so its full speed) but I have it in a bitspower mini reservoir as the xres100 Was too high I think to fit in my case. I will take it apart this evening and see it anything is obvious,my res has a yellow sponge thing so maybe something similar. I’m going to order a new one and then rma if I can’t fix it .

Associate
Ok so dismantled pump. Found the tiniest bit of debri close to the centre where the prop balances. Put it all back together and it seemed to work. But I notice sometime it takes 2 or 3 attempts for it to start up so I still cant trust it enough to put the side cover back on my case. Will have to get a replacement as I’m worried someone else in the house may try to use the computer not realising the pump didnt start.

Back
Top Bottom