Pump Upgrade

Associate
I have a ridiculous desk PC with 2 hardline cooling runs and reservoirs cooling proc and GPU, each has a Freezemod pump.
I want to remove the pumps as they have both failed a few times so want to add 1 D5 and connect the 2 runs to it
Will a single D5 do a better job than 2 Freezemods and cool proc and GPU
I am aware this s an awkward question and i will have to change my plumbing.
Any Advice

Associate
Simple answer.. yes it should be fine.

long answer: depends on your setup.. what are you cooling, how complex is the loop etc.. pics if current setup?

Soldato
Which freezemod pump? Looking on their site they do different pumps including D5 and DDC pumps.

It's hard to tell from the pictures but are your current pumps DDC? If so a single D5 will be worse than two DDC imo.

Soldato
Might be hard to fit a D5 in the same space as a DDC. It looks to me from the pics as if the loops need topping up. The reservoirs look like they are only just over half full and I'd be much happier if the reservoirs were a little higher than the pumps and fuller.

DDC pumps are very good. They may not be as reliable as a D5 but that doesn't make them unreliable. They too are extemely reliable and actually have better head pressure than a D5.

The Freezemods pumps are DDC clones not actual Laing DDC. but they are very exact clones with 18W power and 780lph which is more than enough for the system in the OP's desk.

My recommendation is to buy actual Laing DDC pumps. And to top up both loops so the reservoirs are full. The pumps probably failed because they didn't get enough water.

Associate
OP
Might be hard to fit a D5 in the same space as a DDC. It looks to me from the pics as if the loops need topping up. The reservoirs look like they are only just over half full and I'd be much happier if the reservoirs were a little higher than the pumps and fuller.

DDC pumps are very good. They may not be as reliable as a D5 but that doesn't make them unreliable. They too are extemely reliable and actually have better head pressure than a D5.

The Freezemods pumps are DDC clones not actual Laing DDC. but they are very exact clones with 18W power and 780lph which is more than enough for the system in the OP's desk.

My recommendation is to buy actual Laing DDC pumps. And to top up both loops so the reservoirs are full. The pumps probably failed because they didn't get enough water.

Associate
OP
I never changed the pumps as the problem went away but it is now back and i read your post.
Thanks..
I will lift the reservoirs 1cm or so and fill them up properly.
However will it be harder for the return water?
It will be traveling uphill!!

Soldato
I never changed the pumps as the problem went away but it is now back and i read your post.
Thanks..
I will lift the reservoirs 1cm or so and fill them up properly.
However will it be harder for the return water?
It will be traveling uphill!!
Have you seen water loops in mammoth cases like the Corsair 1000D with radiators in the roof and pumps at the bottom? You ain't got to worry about "uphill" travel for the water, that's what head pressure is all about, especially if you have a pair of DDCs in series.

Back
Top Bottom