Puppet question RHEL 6 vs RHEL 7

Soldato
Anyone experienced with Puppet? Not finding any answers else where on the web so this forum is worth a shot.

Puppet Open Source here. The environment is: Hosts: RHEL 6 - Facter 1.6.7, Puppet 3.4.2 and Hiera 1.3.4 Server side: Puppet 3.4.2

I am in the process of setting up Satellite 6 to provision both RHEL 6 and RHEL 7 hosts. As part of the process I have a script that will auto add a host to Free IPA and kick off a puppet run. As part of the process I am upgrading the relevant components (puppet, hiera and facter) to versions that are the lowest supported version on both RHEL 6 and 7 for compatibility.

We are running an external puppet master so this is not going through the satellite. As a test I upgraded the puppet agent to version 3.5.1 on a RHEL 6 host and did a puppet run and every thing went through smoothly. However now that I have provisioned a RHEL 7.5 host via the satellite the same puppet agent version 3.5.1 the puppet agent run is failing with the following message: Error: Could not retrieve local facts: no implicit conversion of nil into String Error: Failed to apply catalog: Could not retrieve local facts: no implicit conversion of nil into String

The RHEL 7 boxes are running: Facter: 1.7.6 Puppet: 3.5.1 Hiera: 1.3.4.

Any ideas what differences there could be between RHEL 7 and RHEL 6 that could be causing this error message?

Back
Top Bottom