purging onedrive

Soldato
so for some reason the desktop, documents & pictures locations for my rig are nested in onedrive.

now i want to relocate these to folders on my secondary drive, but it seems while their stuck in the onedrive default location it won't let me re-direct them.

i've tried uninstalling onedrive, but it won't allow me to delete the onedrive folder or redirect the locations to the C drive

it seems the pictures directory is the sticking point, no matter what i do it just spawns a new directory inside the onedrive directory and refuses to let it be moved outside.

Permabanned
I do not let it mess with my Docs or Desktop, not sure WTF MS were thinking when they did that.

2020-02-11-1.png

2020-02-11-2.png

2020-02-11-3.png

It Fails to backup my Docs as that is where Office store the default Outlook Mail config file (lucky me) but I do not let it run that setting though they are ticked by default.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I do not let it mess with my Docs or Desktop, not sure WTF MS were thinking when they did that.

pics in min

yeah, i suspect this is one of those "because w10" scenarios.

i have 2 onedrive accounts, a work and personal one, the personal one is just the basic free allocation and has bugger all on it, which is why it's so annoying that it's pulling this BS when it's not actually being used.

the work one is fine, it's routed to the secondary drive and i don't have a problem with what it's doing.

edit: figured it out, i re-installed onedrive which gave me the option to re-route the onedrive folder, this broke the link to the one that was sitting on the C drive meaning i could delete it and re-direct the pictures one to the location i wanted.

still stupid that you have to do it that way, comes to something when you need microsofts permission to move stuff around on your own computer....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom