Purplebricks Question

Soldato
On Friday I put an offer in on a house on Purplebricks and today the "local property expert" who is dealing with the house called me to say that there had been lots of viewings and at least 2 other offers since then. He mentioned that I "probably would have seen the notifications on PB" to which I responded "..eh no I didn't"

My question is, should I have been notified of viewings or offers from other potential buyers on PB or is this just a tactic to get me to raise my initial offer ?

I was under the impression that as it is a flat rate fee to sell with them, there is no incentive to push buyers into raising an offer. Am I wrong ?

Meh! First time buyer woes !! lol

Soldato
OP
If you made an offer why didn’t you say it was on condition that it was taken off the market?

With hindsight I should have done this. I think I'm going to wait it out and if it falls through then I will know for next time how to go about it.

I've gone through all the privacy settings on PB to make sure it's setup for email alerts which it is. Nothing in my spam folder either. Must be telling fibs.

Soldato
OP
Yeah :( when we were selling my Gran's house there was someone who really wanted that specific property and were prepared to pay over the odds to get it if necessary - the moment the estate agent found out they were prepared to throw a bit of money around they lied to them and told them it was off the market and tried a hard sell on a tatty overpriced property they were (probably) having trouble shifting - fortunately they managed to contact us directly.

Despicable thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom