Purplebricks Question

Soldato
On Friday I put an offer in on a house on Purplebricks and today the "local property expert" who is dealing with the house called me to say that there had been lots of viewings and at least 2 other offers since then. He mentioned that I "probably would have seen the notifications on PB" to which I responded "..eh no I didn't"

My question is, should I have been notified of viewings or offers from other potential buyers on PB or is this just a tactic to get me to raise my initial offer ?

I was under the impression that as it is a flat rate fee to sell with them, there is no incentive to push buyers into raising an offer. Am I wrong ?

Meh! First time buyer woes !! lol

Associate
If you made an offer why didn’t you say it was on condition that it was taken off the market?

Yes, Purplebricks is flat rate.

The agent is trying to get the best price they can and they are liars. Depends how much you want the house. You could call their bluff about there being other offers and do nothing.

Soldato
OP
If you made an offer why didn’t you say it was on condition that it was taken off the market?

With hindsight I should have done this. I think I'm going to wait it out and if it falls through then I will know for next time how to go about it.

I've gone through all the privacy settings on PB to make sure it's setup for email alerts which it is. Nothing in my spam folder either. Must be telling fibs.

Soldato
With hindsight I should have done this. I think I'm going to wait it out and if it falls through then I will know for next time how to go about it.

I've gone through all the privacy settings on PB to make sure it's setup for email alerts which it is. Nothing in my spam folder either. Must be telling fibs.

Estate Agents are your typical scumbag salespeople :p Never trust what they say :p

I would stand my ground, unless I was desperate for the property.

Soldato
How rude, what is this world coming to when you can't even trust an estate agent :mad:

Why can't we just sell our own houses? Throw a sign on the lawn saying "For Sale, Enquire within."?

I'm days away from completion on buying a property, and I've not even met the owner :p

Man of Honour
Estate Agents are your typical scumbag salespeople :p Never trust what they say :p

I would stand my ground, unless I was desperate for the property.

Yeah :( when we were selling my Gran's house there was someone who really wanted that specific property and were prepared to pay over the odds to get it if necessary - the moment the estate agent found out they were prepared to throw a bit of money around they lied to them and told them it was off the market and tried a hard sell on a tatty overpriced property they were (probably) having trouble shifting - fortunately they managed to contact us directly.

Soldato
OP
Yeah :( when we were selling my Gran's house there was someone who really wanted that specific property and were prepared to pay over the odds to get it if necessary - the moment the estate agent found out they were prepared to throw a bit of money around they lied to them and told them it was off the market and tried a hard sell on a tatty overpriced property they were (probably) having trouble shifting - fortunately they managed to contact us directly.

Despicable thing to do.

Soldato
when I viewed the property i'm buying at the moment during the viewing I exchanged numbers with the vendor

since then not dealt with estate agent at all :D

Soldato
yep we have direct contact with our buyers via FB and our sellers via phone number.

Really saves a lot of messing about, although i think our buyers wanted to be a little more official and never really replied to me just sent emails to the estate agent.

Soldato
Why don't we?
Because it’s a complete mine field and is brits prefer a hands off approach.

A good estate agent is worth every penny(1-1.5% max) I’ve met plenty in my line and the good ones work damned hard and take it very seriously and don’t take the ****.

Sadly there are many many others who do not.

Whilst the public like to bash agents because how dare they earn commission??? Right?? the moment one like purple bricks comes along which basically gets your money without having done bugger all - and up front mind you - the public complain because they think they are lying or aren’t working hard enough or...... blah blah blah.

You can’t have it both ways. Either use a proper agent and preferably one by reputation and pay for it or, do it yourself. A good agent will be a big help in a sticky situation, an online one will not.

And no, giving it to an online ‘agent’ is not the same as doing it yourself despite how much you try and convince yourself. You pay contextually more for a massively reduced level of service.

Get a good proper agent or put a sign up and hope for the best.

Good luck with that.

Soldato
We recently bought from a online agent.

They were very good, i would say as good as the local agents selling my house. I think they screwed the valuation a bit but they charged the sellers a grand plus vat. for a 570k sale, I was charged £2800 plus vat for a 320k sale.

I would try online next time but i suppose it depends on your house

Soldato
The Purple Bricks online portal should show up if there are other offers on the table. They're at least trying to be transparent. Whether they're genuine offers or people not in a position to proceed is hard to know.

Soldato
Because it’s a complete mine field and is brits prefer a hands off approach.

A good estate agent is worth every penny(1-1.5% max) I’ve met plenty in my line and the good ones work damned hard and take it very seriously and don’t take the ****.

Sadly there are many many others who do not.

Whilst the public like to bash agents because how dare they earn commission??? Right?? the moment one like purple bricks comes along which basically gets your money without having done bugger all - and up front mind you - the public complain because they think they are lying or aren’t working hard enough or...... blah blah blah.

You can’t have it both ways. Either use a proper agent and preferably one by reputation and pay for it or, do it yourself. A good agent will be a big help in a sticky situation, an online one will not.

And no, giving it to an online ‘agent’ is not the same as doing it yourself despite how much you try and convince yourself. You pay contextually more for a massively reduced level of service.

Get a good proper agent or put a sign up and hope for the best.

Good luck with that.
Purple bricks et all give you the one thing you need to sekkva house and can't get yourself i.e. A listing on Rightmove, good house in a good area an estate agent is just money burnt. Don't get me wrong with a tricky house or distance sale then agents can be useful but if I sold my house and gave the agent 1% they would have made a good few grand for doing nothing more than listing it in rightmove and collecting the sealed bids a week later.

Ske

Ske

Associate
My GF and I had an offer accepted through Purple Bricks. Quite honestly, I haven't dealt with them at all. Don't even think I've spoken to them? The vendor did the viewing and when we offered (through the app) the vendor accepted it immediately as we are chain free. We made that clear during the viewing. We've had a few conversations since but nothing that has involved Purple Bricks.

Back
Top Bottom