Put my order in, its like waiting for christmas

Associate
Hey

Just put in my order for my new machine and its like christmas all over again, cannot hold in the excitement of waiting for the new system to arrive so I can carefully drool over each box and its packaging spending hours staring and plugging it together, cannot wait, anywhere heres the spec

Motherboard: Gigabyte DQ6
Processor: Intel Core Duo E6600
Memory: Corsair Dominator 6400 C4 DDR2 2gb
Graphics: BFG GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb
HDD: Western Digital Raptor X 150gb
PSU: Tagan 600w Dual Engine
Case: Thermaltake Armour + 25cm Side Fan
HSF: Artic Freezer 7 Pro

Im like a little kid waiting for santa to come :) Hopefully it will be a nice jump from my current specs which are

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X Skt A
Processor: AMD 2000XP
Memory: Crucial DDR 2700 512mb
Graphics: Leadtech 128mb GeForce 4 ti4200
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.1 80gb
PSU: Tagan 480w
Case: Random Gaming Case
HSF: Thermaltake Tornado

What you think? worth while improvement?

Byes
Mike

Associate
OP
Heya

Wow didnt expect replies like this lol, I will have another £1000 to spend on the machine around easter, will probably upgrade the CPU to a quadcore depending on how the trend goes and will be adding some form of high level sound card because I do a lot of DJ work, see how trends and that change.

So I take it by the comments it will be a nice noticeable performance gain, great I can finally play some games without framerate issues!! Means I can finally move on from Mohaa and Steam :)

Byez
Mike

Associate
OP
Hey

Glad you mentioned that, im stuck on a 17" CRT for now eek! However on Fri 5th I will have a £250 bonus paid into my account, really dont want nothing bigger than a 19" due to work space plus I can eventually run dual screen if I stick to 19"'s. Have been looking at the viewsonic one with the 2ms but still in the deciding phase for this.

Mike

Soldato
TheNuju said:
Hey

Glad you mentioned that, im stuck on a 17" CRT for now eek! However on Fri 5th I will have a £250 bonus paid into my account, really dont want nothing bigger than a 19" due to work space plus I can eventually run dual screen if I stick to 19"'s. Have been looking at the viewsonic one with the 2ms but still in the deciding phase for this.

Mike

For about that price you could get the new Dell 20" which is apparently very nice (5ms response time). I am using a Dell 2007FPW at the moment (with a Philips 20£ wide too).

I think its a great idea to get a widescreen TFT now though, far more pleasing to the eye... at keast that is my oppion.

Back
Top Bottom