Putting down a pet...

Associate
My dog is going to be put down in the next couple of days, he's 16, partially blind and his back legs dont work anymore. I know its for the best, dont want him being in pain.
But i hate how everyone has been telling me, "its for the best", "he's lived a long time", "its better that you do it before he cant walk anymore".
I still see him as my puppy and he's still so happy, wags his tail all the time :(
Anyone else had to put a pet down before? Did people give you the same stupid lines to try and cheer you up?

Associate
OP
This morning at about 11 he was put to sleep, i held him while they injected him, wanted to be with him for his last moments.
He is being cremated and his ashes put in a wooden box with his name on a brass plaque.
Amazing how a tiny white dog going can make a house suddenly feel so empty, its not like he barked much even.
We'll be looking at getting another puppy in the next couple of weeks, another Bichon Frisé hopefully. Anyone know any good places to find a puppy? I know everyone will say go check the local rescuse places, but its not very likely we'll see one there.

Back
Top Bottom