putting non shilded speaker next to PC

Soldato
mates got a pretty cramped room and hes eithe going to have to oouyt his PC ontop of his ub ( hi-fi sub) or right next to a hi-fi speaker...he reckons theyre not protected cos they turned his TV a funny colour when he moved them too close.
any suggestions ?

there not protected if they make the tv go a funny colour.. The only problem with putting the pc ontop of a sub or next to a speaker, is you might loose data from the hdd, cos you loose data if you put a floppy disk next to a speaker... Other then that, the pc will be fine :D

It might be fine but if I where you I would backup your stuff first.

Don't do it. Moved my dad's PC around once downstairs, put it down next to the speaker while I was doing something on his desk, when I set it back up the next day the HDD was shafted.
Lost most of his stuff. Oops :eek:

hmm
bit of a mixxed response here.
after reading that post a while ago on ' destroy my HDD' and found how hard it was to acctually destrroy one... you sue *** data loss was due t the speaker?
it naturally doesnty souund like a good ida to me. but jst needed to know before i twell him yey or ney
keep the exxperiences coming guys
ta
Rick

get something shielded.

I have some modaunt shorts. were 150quid maybe 4-5 years ago. really nice small bookshelf speakers and perfect in my tiny room.
those and a NAD amp (second hand beauty) sounds pretty good for a sub 500quid system.

used to power a sub with the NAD and a surround DTS sherwood amp, but my room is too small! :)

Last edited:
your speakers wont destroy your hdd, how would that happen exactly?

I had my pc right next to an unshielded speaker for a years and it was fine.
I wouldn't put a pc on top of a sub though, it might get shaken to bits.

Back
Top Bottom