Putting power into a leasehold garage

Man of Honour
My house is freehold and there I have a leasehold garage with a long lease from the developers which is opposite the house and under a coachhouse. The coachhouse is owned by an investor who rents it out to the current tennants. The road between my house and the garage is apparently privately owned.

I'm wondering if it's even legally possible to have power put in the garage? I assume I would have to contact the developer and/or the building owner to gain permission, and then have the road dug up and a new RCB with cabling etc connected? Who could I even contact for a quote on such work, would it be a local electricians?

Man of Honour
OP
What do you actually require power for?
I have a car in there that's nearly used, I'd like to hook the battery up to a trickle charger rather than having to disconnect it and charge it in the house as and when. I'd also like light in there so I can find things without using a torch/headlamp etc.

Man of Honour
OP
Points all noted, I guess I may have an EV in the future so it would be nice for that aspect too.

Is there anyway of fitting a small discrete and removable solar panel and hooking it up to a solar powered trickle charger?

I've tried, but the face of the garage is north facing so doesn't get too much sun.

Man of Honour
OP
Is the road block paved and rarely used if its private? Could always make some calls in person to the neighbours who share that private road with you and if the surface is easy to reinstate then you could just lay some SWA.

Without knowing the road situation its hard to comment...anything involving many parties or if there is much traffic on the road will be fairly hard to achieve.

The road is in a private courtyard with an entrance at each side. If it were dug up, people would just gain access from the other side if necessary. I don't think there'd be too many complaints.
No side window that you could sneak a wire in through so a panel could be faced south?
Probably not, there's about 4 foot between the only side wall and the next coach house, so again wouldn't be great for sun. I may reinvestigate though.

Back
Top Bottom