Puzzle Adventure games (for Quest 3 standalone)

Soldato
There's a bunch of games I've listed to buy, mostly puzzle adventures including The 7th Guest VR and Down The Rabbit Hole. Of all the games I've listed, two are a series that have the black Friday 40% off. Moss 1 and 2 and the I Expect You To Die trilogy. I can buy all five of those games for £52 with the black Friday discount. Moss 1 and 2 I think I'm almost certainly buying, I just want to try the free demo first. Are the Expect To Die games a must have?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I rate both Fisherman's Tale games over the I Expect You To Die ones.

Yeah, the Fisherman's Tale games are definitely on my shopping list.

I enjoyed IEYTD 1 &2. Not played 3.

The Room is decent too.

I'be been playing The Room for a few days, I love it. I played all their previous The Room games on my phone before I got VR so I knew this would be good.

That looks really interesting but doesn't appear to be for the Quest. Seems to be for PS5 and Vive only I think.

Soldato
The Atlas Mystery.

Soldato
That looks really interesting but doesn't appear to be for the Quest. Seems to be for PS5 and Vive only I think.

If you watch the video you'll see that it's a PC game on steam, and it can be run in VR using vorpX on a Rift S as PD is doing, or streamed to a standalone headset like the quest with airlink or virtual desktop.
Standalone version may be coming.

Soldato
OP
If you watch the video you'll see that it's a PC game on steam, and it can be run in VR using vorpX on a Rift S as PD is doing, or streamed to a standalone headset like the quest with airlink or virtual desktop.
Standalone version may be coming.

Yeah well I don't think it's any good for me since I presume I'd need a VR ready PC to stream from with something like virtual desktop? I only have a basic laptop. I'll wait for a possible Quest 3 standalone version.

Soldato
OP
i actually prefer the talos games standard than vr it took me ages to finish any puzzles in vr im just get suckered in staring at the marvel of it all :D

Lol, I know what you mean, I was doing that a lot in Red Matter 2. I must say, I was disappointed playing anything else after RM2, but I've set max resolution in 'The Room' by using the Quest Games Optimiser app and while it's not quite on Red Matter 2 level of graphics, it's still very impressive.

Soldato
Yeah well I don't think it's any good for me since I presume I'd need a VR ready PC to stream from with something like virtual desktop? I only have a basic laptop. I'll wait for a possible Quest 3 standalone version.

If your laptop can run a PC puzzle game and you can upscale the image on the laptop to 4K, then ReShade will allow you to play most PC games in stereoscopic 3D if not full VR.

Soldato
i'd like to suggest
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
thats pretty neet and i think works well for hand tracking as i remember.
the animations are cool to. its a nie chill game

i did enjoy :
i expect you to die
i think its a good and interesting game series, styles nice and doesnt take its self to seriously either.

i'd suggest demeo, its not a puzzlwer but there is also a group on here for group play as well if that interests.
walk about mini gold should be a must as well, its easy casual fun.

Rec room may also be a good options they have a load of stuff on there as i understand it.

of you have some one else to play with non-ve you could try :
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

also :
Myst 3d
maybe superhot vr (works very well wireless

check out :
Puzzling Places
thats was a great expirence wen i tried it on sidequest might be up your street

Last edited:
Soldato
any thoughts on : Mindset

have you looked at : shadow point?

ow i didnt realised they did a sequal to : a fishermans tales:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i'd like to suggest
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets
thats pretty neet and i think works well for hand tracking as i remember.
the animations are cool to. its a nie chill game

i did enjoy :
i expect you to die
i think its a good and interesting game series, styles nice and doesnt take its self to seriously either.

i'd suggest demeo, its not a puzzlwer but there is also a group on here for group play as well if that interests.
walk about mini gold should be a must as well, its easy casual fun.

Rec room may also be a good options they have a load of stuff on there as i understand it.

of you have some one else to play with non-ve you could try :
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

also :
Myst 3d
maybe superhot vr (works very well wireless

check out :
Puzzling Places
thats was a great expirence wen i tried it on sidequest might be up your street
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the recommendations! The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets and Mindset look pretty fun, definitely games I'd be happy to play. Demo doesn't appeal to me, I was never into turn based strategy games. Rec Room doesn't appeal to me and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is multi player and doesn't appeal to me. Puzzling Places I installed the demo a while ago and look forward to trying it. Superhot VR looks great, might buy it at some point. Myst 3D, I remember playing some of it many years ago, might be worth trying in VR. Fisherman's Tale 1 and 2, I Expect You To Die trilogy and Shadow Point, yep, all on my list.

I just finished The Room VR: A Dark Matter and it was absolutely brilliant, loved every second of it. Particularly using Quest Games Optimiser, it made the graphics much sharper.

Back
Top Bottom