Puzzling problem

Associate
Hi,

Trying to fix this PC because anytime you try and run a game from any platform Steam, battle.net, ubisoft, anywhere. It comes with errors at random times after checks it starts and runs just fine but if you exit it won't start again. Sometimes it responds with the anti-hack issue that some files have been modified. This issue persists even after new OS. Scanned PC for virus. All drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. Hard Drives have been checked for faults using the windows hard drive check. Also installed games on different hard drives within the system all do the same.

PC Detail:
Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - 120mm (CW-9060024-WW)
OcUK 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit DVD - OEM (MS-KW9-00139)
Standard Build Systems - Dispatched within 7 working days
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30
Super Flower Platinum King 550W 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply - Black
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-03 Mid Tower Gaming Case (CC-9011052-WW)
Samsung 500GB 860 EVO SSD 2.5" SATA 6Gbps 64 Layer 3D V-NAND Solid State Drive (MZ-76E500B/EU)
Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 7200RPM 256MB Cache HDD *System Stock*
Seagate 3TB BarraCuda 7200RPM 256MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (ST3000DM007)
*Build Stock* MSI Aero GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11264MB Graphics Card
Windows 10 Pro installed

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

PS: I am usually alright at fixing computers for people but this puzzled me.

Associate
to fix this PC because anytime you try and run a game from any platform Steam, battle.net, ubisoft, anywhere. It comes with errors at random times after checks it starts and runs just fine but if you exit it won't start again. Sometimes it responds with the anti-hack issue that some files have been modified. This issue persists even after new OS. Scanned PC for virus. All drivers are up to date, windows is up to date. Hard Drives have been checked for faults using the windows hard drive check. Also installed games o

Have you tried without your anti-virus installed?

Associate
OP
It said that it has found some errors and contact the computer manufacturer now would that be Overclockers or Corsair? and it doesn't really say what the problem is.

Associate
Check modules are under warranty with corsair and start the returns process, be ready for some very basic questions to be thrown at you.

Make sure you send both modules off - they need them to test/replace.

Associate
OP
Spoke with Overclockers it is still under their warranty so they will check it out and replace the module. Guy on the phone said sounds like a memory fault so it should be all sorted. Sending it off tomorrow. thank you all for the help!

Back
Top Bottom