PWM range on D5 pump

Soldato
Hi guys,

I bought a aqua computer D5 from The b grade stock, and have found that it’s PWM range only goes between 4400rpm and 4750rpm this sounds like 95% - 100% but that’s 0-100. I have tried both motherboard cpu fan header and my ek-loop connect (I wouldn’t recommend this product, it’s software is very un finished and can’t run fans based on the temp sensors it can take I like the advert says).

Any ideas on what I could do to sort it out, I’d be willing to go into the back of the pump and check for blown parts on the PCB if required. I’m thinking it could be running quieter...

Soldato
Hi guys,

I bought a aqua computer D5 from The b grade stock, and have found that it’s PWM range only goes between 4400rpm and 4750rpm this sounds like 95% - 100% but that’s 0-100. I have tried both motherboard cpu fan header and my ek-loop connect (I wouldn’t recommend this product, it’s software is very un finished and can’t run fans based on the temp sensors it can take I like the advert says).

Any ideas on what I could do to sort it out, I’d be willing to go into the back of the pump and check for blown parts on the PCB if required. I’m thinking it could be running quieter...

Do you mean the D5 Next from Aqua computer ? if so, I run mine at 100% all the time, I love the software, and you can set a pump speed curve up in there, however, like with most pumps, the slower it it, the noisier it is, thats why I just leave mine at 100%

1DP9RC6.jpg

Soldato
OP
Sorry no not the next model the old one.

It’s will run quieter at lower rpms I had a manual one 12 years ago that I used to set on 2 and leave. The PWM range is just very very small, I think I maybe have missed something...

Back
Top Bottom