Python, Ruby on Rails, .NET? Which one best suits my project?

Soldato
I have an idea for a web-based application. In terms of it's framework there will be an MS SQL backend (possibly MySQL to begin with) then a bunch of web forms for adding data.

E.g. you might have a contacts form + supporting table, then an Incidents form and supporting table but all related. I'm sure you lot will get the idea.

I used to code a long time a go but it was mainly scripting languages. Since this will be a fully fledged web application I'm guessing I'll be needing something object orientated like .NET or Ruby.

I figured I'll learn it myself. Looked into hiring some people in India but the reviews are terrible + too expensive hiring talent over here in the UK!

I want to keep time down but not compromise on quality. Based on those two things which platform would best suit the project? TIA :)

Soldato
OP
Would like to say thanks for your input. I did some investigating and stumbled on ASP.NET MVC using entity framework. Looks pretty cool, is massively time saving and relatively easy to pick up. Plus loads and loads of info out there.

@Hades - your point re MVP makes a lot of sense. Can't say it's an acronym I was familiar with but am now.

Sorry @AHarvey but I've decided to try and drive this solo for now at least but if I do get stuck I'll made a note of your user.

Back
Top Bottom