Q Acoustic 3010 for PC Speakers?

Soldato
You also missed what amp he was using and what he has now. :p

I've been using my 3010s for PC audio for a few years, I've been really happy with them. They're perhaps not the absolute perfect bookshelf speaker to use on a desk because they do tend to sound slightly better when you sit back from them, but it's not something that I've found to be an issue. Bass can be a bit lacking for some, personally I don't mind that too much especially as I live in a flat.

As Marsman says, you'll need an amp of some kind. I used a Topping VX1 which was a great little USB amp/DAC, the bonus being it has a headphone jack on the front that can be switched to using a button so you can leave the headphones plugged in all the time. Unfortunately it died in April and sourcing another one was proving tricky, so I went with the SMSL AD18 instead. Without being able to compare the two it's hard to say if one is better than the other, the AD18 has added functionality, connectivity and an LCD screen but ultimately it does the same thing.

Associate
Personal recommendation: scour the Bay of E for Mission 751. The first edition with the metal tweeters and front reflex port. They're in demand, but they do pop up occasionally.
Gutsy, punchy sound, great bottom end, and very musical. Picked mine up for just under a ton. Driven via DacMagic Plus and 2 bridged Rotel RB03 power amps.

I have Dali Zensor 3s and Q 3020s sat in a cupboard doing nothing because of these little boys. Some of the finest (affordable) bookshelf speakers ever made, IMHO.
I also have the 2nd edition Mission 780s (with the Aerogel bass units), and they're stunning too, but rear ported, and my desk doesn't back onto a wall so they can sound a bit thin by comparison...

Associate
Personal recommendation: scour the Bay of E for Mission 751. The first edition with the metal tweeters and front reflex port. They're in demand, but they do pop up occasionally.
Gutsy, punchy sound, great bottom end, and very musical. Picked mine up for just under a ton. Driven via DacMagic Plus and 2 bridged Rotel RB03 power amps.

I have Dali Zensor 3s and Q 3020s sat in a cupboard doing nothing because of these little boys. Some of the finest (affordable) bookshelf speakers ever made, IMHO.
I also have the 2nd edition Mission 780s (with the Aerogel bass units), and they're stunning too, but rear ported, and my desk doesn't back onto a wall so they can sound a bit thin by comparison...

I do keep looking for the 751's for my pc as i have the non freedom 752's on my 90's Cyrus system which i think are superb! I have read they are a very musical and detailed little speaker.

Back
Top Bottom