Poll: Qatar Grand Prix 2021, Lusail - Race 20

Rate the 2021 Qatar Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
How long has he been with them? I'd find it funny for him to stomp off to another team and find himself languishing in the midfield. Abandoning the second fastest car on the grid (currently) with no hope of driving the fastest, seems a little.. rash. :confused:

He's basically been with them his whole career. And, yeah, I doubt he'd leave right now, but if they have a weaker car next year I can see the frustration building. For a driver like Max to be in F1 for ten years (say) without a title is going to really grate.

Reckon Mercedes would have him alongside Russell or Ferrari alongside Leclerc.

I don't see it. The new driver salary limits essentially rule out teams paying for two top tier drivers without badly hitting their operating budget. Max is on $25m, that doesn't leave a lot for a second driver. If Max goes to Merc or Ferrari it'll be as part of a driver swap.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Don’t forget folks… as well as the new aero regs, the engines will be frozen until 2025.

Stuff it up (in terms of engine) and you’re looking at 3 years minimum of pain.

Soldato
Don’t forget folks… as well as the new aero regs, the engines will be frozen until 2025.

Stuff it up (in terms of engine) and you’re looking at 3 years minimum of pain.
That seems rather ridiculous doesn't it? Surely teams will abandon the sport rather than effectively be un-competitive for 3yrs.

Soldato
That seems rather ridiculous doesn't it? Surely teams will abandon the sport rather than effectively be un-competitive for 3yrs.

Well last time there was an engine freeze Horner went full on whinge mode (I know, shocking right?) and the FIA allowed Renault to make changes 'for reliability'...

Red Bull Renault then won 4 championships in a row... cause reliability?

I'm sure that won't happen again...

Back
Top Bottom