QDEL monitors

Associate
QDEL Monitors, looks like they do not suffer from burn in. I think the report suggested the first monitors will hit the market 26.
This is what we all have been waiting for.

Soldato
I get completely confused by all the letters these days. It would help if there was some standardisation, but all the manufacturers seem to choose different names.
Still, names apart, it's all very promising.

Soldato
"none of those names sound familiar, it's probably because you can't buy any QDEL products yet. Suppliers suggest that could change in the next few years; Nanosys is targeting 2026 for commercial availability.

That timeline seems pretty ambitious, though, considering the limited number of prototypes we've seen and the limitations still facing QDEL (more on that below).

David Hsieh, senior research director for displays at research firm Omdia, told me via email that if commercialized and mass-produced, QDEL can have a cost-to-performance ratio better than that of OLED, but it would still struggle to compete on a cost basis."

So basically QDEL, or NanoLED promises higher performance than todays TVs at a higher price, spend more money and get a better TV. It's the same with MicroLED, it offers a better experience but at a much higher price. Basically the days of cheap TVs is going to disappear and towards 2030 TVs will probably be double the price they are now

Last edited:
Associate
"none of those names sound familiar, it's probably because you can't buy any QDEL products yet. Suppliers suggest that could change in the next few years; Nanosys is targeting 2026 for commercial availability.

That timeline seems pretty ambitious, though, considering the limited number of prototypes we've seen and the limitations still facing QDEL (more on that below).

David Hsieh, senior research director for displays at research firm Omdia, told me via email that if commercialized and mass-produced, QDEL can have a cost-to-performance ratio better than that of OLED, but it would still struggle to compete on a cost basis."

So basically QDEL, or NanoLED promises higher performance than todays TVs at a higher price, spend more money and get a better TV. It's the same with MicroLED, it offers a better experience but at a much higher price. Basically the days of cheap TVs is going to disappear and towards 2030 TVs will probably be double the price they are now
Like with oled I'll avoid being an early adopter for a large screen display using said tech. Would prefer it on a tablet or phone probably initially.

Associate
2 more years to go and then you'll be an early adopter so it'll probably cost £2000+ for the first consumer unit...

But very exciting news, I guess I'll make a mental note but can't really wait that long before replacing my IPS screen.

Back
Top Bottom