Quality of Razor mice?

Caporegime
So ive been holding off from replacing my naga trinity as long as I can but its just about FUBAR now.

I absolutely cannot choose a brand to go with.

I absolutely refuse to give razer another penny ever again, but I've also had multiple issues with mice from logitech, corsair and RAT. Whatever I buy seems to last 3 years and then goes iffy.

Is there a standout brand above all the rest or are they all just built with cheap crap now?

I think im going to learn to desolder and solder and swap the buttons out on my trinity myself instead.
Very happy with my Glorious Model D. Had it since March 2020 and still going strong.

Soldato
Grew up using Razor Diamondback’s - I re-call having gone through a tonne of them due to the double clicking issue.

Have had two Razer Deathadder since with no major issues, I’d say generally the button clicks seem a weakness.

Not had one in recent years, perhaps they have addressed the issue by now.

Associate
Both my Razer Viper and Naga started double clicking after about 18 months. They replaced both of them but now they're out of warranty and the Viper has started doing it again. All of my Logitech G502's (regular, hero, lightspeed) have all had the double click issue too though

Last edited:
Soldato
I've actually had to retire my Logitec MX518 last week as it's freezing on occasion, but otherwise goos..maybe the cable is fractured inside or something as it's only very fleeting, then its ok again.

It must be 20yrs old though, so not a bad innings.

I'm half tempted to just replace it with the MX518 legendary, but £60 seems a bit spendy to me, for what is essentially a no frills gaming mouse. I'm currently using an Anker ergonomic mouse, which is my office work horse..., and it's holding up fine..so I may just stick with that.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm half tempted to just replace it with the MX518 legendary, but £60 seems a bit spendy to me, for what is essentially a no frills gaming mouse. I'm currently using an Anker ergonomic mouse, which is my office work horse..., and it's holding up fine..so I may just stick with that.
Yeah, for non-gaming those ergonomic mice are great, got a Logitech Lift last year and it completely fixed my wrist pain

Associate
I had a Orochi V2 for Christmas to replace my aging Logitech G305. Picked the Orochi because of the similar size and shape. I like the textured finish of the mouse, but I'm returning it. It skips randomly and the clicks are not that responsive. On reading its a common issue. One fix is to use a 3.0 USB port but all my ports are either 3.2 or 2.0 and those cause the issues, so I'm back to my 305 for now until I can find something else.

Soldato
so i moved to razer when the naga came out, & changed my life, due to a disablity i cannot use more than wasd in games so became a must have,

heared they mioght get disconituned , reached out to razer & asked them if i could be informed if they did do this,

told them how much it changed my life. The community manager liked my story & reached out & sent me 4 Naga mice & a keyboard & bunch of merc.

Been using Razer ever since. Not yet had one break, Been super solid ive tried other Naga lookalikes & nothingh works

Soldato
The main thing that puts me off a lot of 'gaming' mice is:

A) all the nooks and crannys to trap food and grease.
B) loads of RGB stuff, when I really just want a good quality mouse - I'd rather not pay a premium for a bunch of flashing lights, etc.

SO on that basis I'm still tempted to go with a logitec MX518 legendary, but to be competley honest, my £20 anker mouse is pretty damn good.

Associate
I bought the Deathadder v3 pro recently to replace my Logitech g pro x superlight and definitely prefer the ergonomics of the Razer but that’s down to hand size.

Have had about the same reliability from both Logitech and Razer but prefer the size and grip of the Razer.

Associate
I've been using Deathadders for donkeys now. Usualy last ages and are cheap enough to rebuy if they ever go wrong. Don't think I could use a different mouse now as im so used to this one.

Associate
Had a Razer Lachesis for 10 years that still works fine, now a Razer Lancehead for about 4 years still in perfect condition. Both heavy use working full time from home and gaming on them.

Razer have very good support for left handed or ambidextrous styles that many other brands don't, which is a reason I use them. Found them to offer the best button options for an ambidextrous or left handed mouse for many years now.

Soldato
I've had a Mamba Elite for quite a while now. No complaints on its build quality. I had a Deathadder that developed a scroll wheel issue and had it replaced under warranty.

Soldato
Most of my mice have been Razer and it seems like the higher end Razers, the Viper v2 etc are all really good quality and they feel premium, as they should do for the price tag, but the cheaper wired mice like the Viper mini (now Viper cobra I suppose) tend to feel significantly cheaper and don't last as long.

The Viper mini was my main mouse for quite a few years and I had 3 develop faults with the scroll wheel, the last one developing a scroll wheel fault within about 3 months.

I purchased a Viper cobra not to long ago and so far it seems good for the price, hopefully they've fixed the scroll wheel problems that the Viper mini had

Soldato
The few razer mice I've had always broke within 1 year,
yeah quality is poor, had 2 in only the last yr alone, i use wireless ones, last one failed few weeks back. battery are is a common issue for me, one day it works next it doesn't. so switched to Glorious Model D Wireless instead, build quality so much better n feels better in the hand

Associate
I think, as with any PC part, you pay your money and take your chances. My personal experience has been that for well over 5 years Razer mice have never let me down and i have had more than a few of them. Logitech have also been rock solid. My biggest issues have been with Glorious with three broken mice in the last few years. That being said you can get the most reliable mouse in the work and there will always be a percentage of failure.

Associate
In general I find Razer pretty poor. Their Xbox joypad died on me just out of warranty, 2 Deathadder mice both started wearing really badly and one died (my son's one) and I used to have a Lycosa keyboard that again started showing signs of extreme wear after a short period.
Steelseries all the way for me.

In saying that - my son and I had a blast checking out all the new Razer products in their store in the Florida Mall back in October. The really do look the part. Was actually tempted by one of their headsets

Soldato
My Razer Viper Pro has been the worst built mouse I have had since a Razer Deathadder 15 years ago. Doesn't charge properly on the dock and feels all around cheap. Next mouse shall be back to Logitech most likely.

Back
Top Bottom