Quality of Razor mice?

Soldato
I too had a Diamondback that only very recently gave up the ghost. I think I had it around 12 years! I bought the Deathadder when it was new, and I think it lasted about 3 years before one of the thumb switches broke. I went back to the old trusty Diamondback.

I feel that Razer's quality was top notch when they started out, and gradually fell off over time.

Now I have an Endgame mouse and it's pretty damn good actually!

Last edited:
Associate
Love my Razer mice. They feel so comfortable and durable. Deathadder is my fav one. Took my 2013 to work as I wanted a new one one at home and. The work one still owrks, but the led lights are very faint now.

Associate
Just upgraded from my trusty EndGame XMR1 to the new Razer 8K Viper Wired. Ive got it set at 1000DPI and 8Khz Polling rate.

The small movements in aim is just so much more refined, feels way more accurate and stable.
Still early days but it does feel amazing being a few mm longer and about 20grams heavier which isn't too noticeable than than the XMR

Mainly play CODMW3:)

Soldato
I've got my eye on a Naga Pro - i've always been Logitech but I enjoy having 6 thumb buttons and I don't think they have a current offering.

I'm quite interested to see what the difference will be given how i've been with Logitech for many years now. Has anyone else made the leap from Logitech to Razer?

Soldato
I've been using Deathadders for donkeys now. Usualy last ages and are cheap enough to rebuy if they ever go wrong. Don't think I could use a different mouse now as im so used to this one.

Never used a different mouse since I got my first DA about 15 years ago... Did switch to a Mamba for a few months though about 7 years ago and that felt lovely in the hand.

Associate
I got burnt with a razer mouse years ago (dont remember the name) think it lasted about a year before it started to not register clicks and couple months after that it wouldn't turn on when booting up my PC and i would have to unplug the USB and re-insert it to get it to work. Got rid of it and got a Steel Series mouse and been using it ever since. Even though i dont like them, my son got one and the quality seems vastly better to what i remembered.

Soldato
I had Razer Basilisk V3 which is providing good response in gaming.

I've just bought one but having an issue with the dpi clutch on COD:MW (only game I have tried using it with). Sometimes, when I press the clutch to drop the dpi when using a scope weapon, the pop up in the bottom of the screen appears to indicate drop to 800dpi (which I set it as in Synapse), but then my game pauses and minimises to Windows.

I'll email Razor this weekend, but did you come across this at all on any games? Maybe I need to disable the pop-up somehow?

Soldato
I've just bought one but having an issue with the dpi clutch on COD:MW (only game I have tried using it with). Sometimes, when I press the clutch to drop the dpi when using a scope weapon, the pop up in the bottom of the screen appears to indicate drop to 800dpi (which I set it as in Synapse), but then my game pauses and minimises to Windows.

I'll email Razor this weekend, but did you come across this at all on any games? Maybe I need to disable the pop-up somehow?

Turning off the visual pop-up seems to have sorted it out.

Soldato
Been using a Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed for a couple of years now and have been super pleased with it. It gets transported in a pocket on my bag between work and home a few days a week too. I use it at work all day in bluetooth mode on a Mac and flick over to 2.4g when using my Windows machine at home for light gaming or design work. It's only just starting to show some signs of shininess on the left mouse button. The rubber grips all still look new.

Associate
I have used the Naga series for years now, great mouse/button placement/design but the quality is very questionable. Think i have had 6-7 Naga's in a hand full of years.

Associate
Just upgraded from my trusty EndGame XMR1 to the new Razer 8K Viper Wired. Ive got it set at 1000DPI and 8Khz Polling rate.

The small movements in aim is just so much more refined, feels way more accurate and stable.
Still early days but it does feel amazing being a few mm longer and about 20grams heavier which isn't too noticeable than than the XMR

Mainly play CODMW3:)
There is reason to set higher DPI

Back
Top Bottom