Quality spray paint for pc chassis and keyboard? Brand?

Associate
I'm looking into spray painting a metal pc chassis and also a metal keyboard. I'd like to get a nice quality finish and was wondering if there were any specific types of paint and brands that would come recommended? The finish I'm after is a match for vintage pcs, so non gloss, satin like? The colours would have course be cream beige or greys etc. So brands that supply those shade selections.

If anyone has any advice and recommendations I'd really appreciate hearing them.

Soldato
your absolute best bet is finding a local automotive paint supplier. They'll colour match you an exact colour and put it into a spray can for you. The quality of the paint is way higher than off the shelf stuff (off the shelf is usually thinner) so it ends up being easier to do a good job and more durable in use.

Metal case may need an etch primer. A satin is a light sheen and if you do really light coats of paint you'll get more of a matt finish to it than proper satin.

Soldato
I'm currently spray some metal work for a mod project and I'm surprised at how well my cack-handed incompetence is handling U-Pol 8 acid etch primer and Halfords own brand matte black. I'm only doing internals so not worrying about clear coats or anything (watch me scuff something as I do the final assembly :p )

If you're doing keyboards and case exteriors then it's the primer and the clear coat that are the most important things; the primer is your foundation so that's gotta be perfect, and the clear coat protects all your work, so that's gotta be perfect too. I'd strongly recommend U-Pol 8 Acid etch primer in grey for your primer, but I'd probably talk to an automotive paint supplier about colours and clear coats so they'll know more about getting consistent finishes and durability.

Soldato
I'm currently spray some metal work for a mod project and I'm surprised at how well my cack-handed incompetence is handling U-Pol 8 acid etch primer and Halfords own brand matte black. I'm only doing internals so not worrying about clear coats or anything (watch me scuff something as I do the final assembly :p )

If you're doing keyboards and case exteriors then it's the primer and the clear coat that are the most important things; the primer is your foundation so that's gotta be perfect, and the clear coat protects all your work, so that's gotta be perfect too. I'd strongly recommend U-Pol 8 Acid etch primer in grey for your primer, but I'd probably talk to an automotive paint supplier about colours and clear coats so they'll know more about getting consistent finishes and durability.

I was about to tag you then realised you had already posted :cry:, this is right up your street haha.

Back
Top Bottom