Query about memory for Ryzen 5000 series

Associate
I'm about 4 months away from pulling the trigger on a 5000 series Ryzen build and I will be using it a lot for 4K gaming and I was wondering if speed of ram makes a huge difference in gaming at that resolution? 3200mhz vs 3600mhz. Amount of ram I'll be jumping on is 32gb.

As I have quite a bit of time before I go through with this build, everything is still subject to change. First pc in 10 years so you can tell I'm a bit out of the loop.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Associate
Faster RAM adds a few extra frames per second, usually, which you do not notice.

If the 3600 MHz RAM is a similar price to the 3200 MHz RAM, get that. Above 3600 MHz price vs performance means it is expensive and wasteful.

With 4K gaming you won't be CPU bound you will be reliant on a fast GPU. Which makes RAM speed even less an issue. CPU and RAM speed favour 1080P to make a real difference.

Associate
I'm about 4 months away from pulling the trigger on a 5000 series Ryzen build and I will be using it a lot for 4K gaming and I was wondering if speed of ram makes a huge difference in gaming at that resolution? 3200mhz vs 3600mhz. Amount of ram I'll be jumping on is 32gb.

As I have quite a bit of time before I go through with this build, everything is still subject to change. First pc in 10 years so you can tell I'm a bit out of the loop.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Id order now for a potential 4 month delivery.

go for a safe 3600CL14 or
A harder to get 3800 CL14

Soldato
I went for the 3600MHZ HyperX RGB 4x 8GB memory for my build, because it was really cheap and compatible with 4 slots on my motherboard.

I generally only buy memory once and keep it for the life of the machine. It's a little slower than the more expensive stuff, but I wanted to squirrel away money and put it toward the GPU, when I can eventually get a decent GPU again at around msrp!

Associate
I went for the Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600 (2x16) on my recent 5800X build. It’s working really well. I have XMP enabled, I’m running the CPU at stock.

Back
Top Bottom