Quest 3 accessories thread

Permabanned
On my second charging dock..the first one i had the headset charging point was dodgy as i had to tilt the headset forward to get it to charge, the replacement seems to work fine though and it's a smart looking piece of kit too.

Caporegime
Anyone got the elite strap with battery or the silicone interface that wants to share their thoughts please?

I realise both are pretty badly overpriced compared to the options available on the 2 but I’m finding the strap garbage and the default interface really irritating when getting a sweat on

Soldato
I am using the VR cover interface from the Quest 2 to increase the comfort. I put the Interface on the back of my head and then put the strap from the Quest 3 around it. If you set it up properly, it takes all the weight of the front and is very comfortable.

Soldato
I am using the VR cover interface from the Quest 2 to increase the comfort. I put the Interface on the back of my head and then put the strap from the Quest 3 around it. If you set it up properly, it takes all the weight of the front and is very comfortable.

That's exactly what I did with the original quest 2 interface when I got the vr cover one. Worked well enough on the 2, can imagine it works really well on the 3, seeing as it's closer to your face.

Soldato
That's exactly what I did with the original quest 2 interface when I got the vr cover one. Worked well enough on the 2, can imagine it works really well on the 3, seeing as it's closer to your face.

Yes, it works really well. Better than with the Quest 2. And as added advantage it stops the straps pushing against your ears. Win-Win. :)

Soldato
Ok, my comfort fix part 2 :)

Remember Meta sent out those PU leather covers to everyone who got a Quest 2 because of the Allergy problems that some people were having? It turns out that it fits the Quest 3. So I put it on over the stock interface and it feels great.

Just trying to find some way of attaching a powerbank in that space in the VR cover interface and I probably won't need to buy a headstrap at all for it. :)

Soldato

Remember Meta sent out those PU leather covers to everyone who got a Quest 2 because of the Allergy problems that some people were having? It turns out that it fits the Quest 3. So I put it on over the stock interface and it feels great.

Just trying to find some way of attaching a powerbank in that space in the VR cover interface and I probably won't need to buy a headstrap at all for it. :)
Will give the Q2 silicone cover a try thanks, as for battery i've just been keeping a 10000mah battery in my pocket till BOBOVR release the M3 retrofit kit for the M2 Pro.

Soldato

I got an elasticated strap that held them on the back of my q2, moved it to my Q3. Simple.

Soldato
i didn't bother claiming that lol

so let me get this straight, the VR Cover Facial interface fits the quest 3 ?

No the VR Cover facial interface for the Quest 2 does not fit the Quest 3. I am simply using it on the on the back of the strap for the Quest 3.

Soldato
I must say, I'm surprised there's no sign of the Bobo M3 Pro or Kiwi Design headstrap yet. Someone on reddit said he bought an M3 Pro on the 10th from the rainforest and that it must have been a very limited supply.

Soldato
I must say, I'm surprised there's no sign of the Bobo M3 Pro or Kiwi Design headstrap yet. Someone on reddit said he bought an M3 Pro on the 10th from the rainforest and that it must have been a very limited supply.
BOBOVR M3 kit hasn't even been listed on Amazon UK yet and the international Amazon stores it is listed on shows mid Nov - early Dec delivery times, shocking.

Soldato
My Elite battery strap finally got shipped from the phone store, was about to cancel it and just get the Bobo or similar when available to be honest, seems like they are way cheaper for a better product from what I can see. I'm also going to need to sort out some headphones that work, while the built in stuff is okay I used to use my over ear logitechs with my Q2 but the strap mounting on the Q3 is that much bigger they are lifted off my ears and sound tinny because of it.

Soldato
OK, I got my MVH Studios headstrap, modified it and put in on my Quest 3. The photo below is the headstrap as I had it on my Quest 2.

1qCgM4J.jpg

I won't put up a photo of how it looks on my Quest 3. To imagine how it looks, go back to Nightst@lker's post above. Now imagine the completely opposite of that, and it still looks worse than you just imagined :p I used cable ties, not neatly cut. And I had to hack the ends of the arms off the headstrap as they covered the power and earphone connectors.

But, despite the appearance, it's so comfortable now!! The headset is suspended in front of my eyes. No weight is been pressed against my forehead or my nose.

So if any of you bought the MVH studio's head strap when it came out, it might be worth taking it out and trying it on the Quest 3.

EDIT: actually that's not the right photo. In my finished Quest 2 head strap, I am using the spare cover from the VR cover set as extra padding on top of the head.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm seriously impressed by the DIY skills that you guys have! Meanwhile my Zenni lenses came this morning and after initially being very disappointed with how blurry they looked I can now confirm that they are actually very good once you put them in the right way up.

Back
Top Bottom