Question about compatability

Associate
Hi,

I'd really appreciate if someone can just sanity check my plan for me.

I've just got a new game which requires a lot of memory to be available, causing me to need to close a bunch of things before starting it. I'm a software engineer and tend to leave IntelliJ, docker, some chrome tabs running. I'd like to not have to close them, from time to time I like to jump into a game and leave stuff open to come back to - I don't usually have long gaming sessions but instead will jump into a game for 30 minutes or an hour then go back to what I was doing.

I have this:

Memory
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16
3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD416G30

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming AMD X370 (Socket AM4) DDR4

Processor
AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 2700X 4.35GHz (Socket AM4) Processor

I am open to upgrading the memory that I already have if necessary (e.g if there is something faster that my motherboard supports, but I don't think that's the case). So, I'd like to just increase the amount by buying another 2 8gb cards. Unfortunately, the memory is no longer available. Money isn't a major problem (I spend enough time on my PC for it to be worth spending money on), though of course I'd rather not waste it.

My questions:
1- Is this the same memory other than the colours on it: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...-3000mhz-dual-channel-kit-blac-my-0a1-tg.html ?

2- Is buying/installing this kit sensible, or are there other alternatives you would consider?

Man of Honour
I googled those sticks and looked at their website, unfortunately I can't find anything about their specification. You could try using Thaiphoon to identify your current memory than see if any reviews have used it (TPU do) or taken the heatspreaders off? I don't think many manufacturers guarantee they will stay the same though, even if you buy the same model.

Back
Top Bottom