Question about Corsair

Associate
Hello,

I currently have x4 RGB Fans connected into an RGB Controller (it has 6 connections)

I have just purchased the x4 RGB LED Strips and I am confused how this will work.

Can I connect the x4 RGB LED Strips into each other and then into one of the connections in the RGB Controller

OR

Do I need to get a commander pro?

Soldato
What’s the RGB controller?

I think you might be talking about the fan hub, which I don’t believe has headers for RGB strips. If I’m right, take a look at the Corsair Lighting Node Pro.

If you aren’t sure, it’d help if you provide a picture of the ‘hub’ and the RGB strip connectors.

Ehm to my understanding RGB strips are plugged in directly into the RGB headers on the board...

I don’t believe that Corsair make standard 12v or 5v RGB strips.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help so far guys

2AAAtqc.png

As you can see above this is my current setup and is working the way I want it

I have purchased the following item https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CL...1543366853&sr=8-3&keywords=corsair+led+strips and as you can see there are x4 led strips (this comes with an LED controller as you can see above, exact thing but my LED PORT2 is available to use) so I plugged the LED strips one after each other like a big link to test and it does not come on.

I currently only have x2 internal 9 pin usb headers which are being used so I was hoping to use it somehow with my existing setup?

Soldato
Thanks for your help so far guys

2AAAtqc.png

As you can see above this is my current setup and is working the way I want it

I have purchased the following item https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CL...1543366853&sr=8-3&keywords=corsair+led+strips and as you can see there are x4 led strips (this comes with an LED controller as you can see above, exact thing but my LED PORT2 is available to use) so I plugged the LED strips one after each other like a big link to test and it does not come on.

I currently only have x2 internal 9 pin usb headers which are being used so I was hoping to use it somehow with my existing setup?

Can you show me a picture of how it’s all plugged in?

The controller on the left is the lighting node, and using your spare port is the right thing to do.

I don’t quite understand your last comment, but you should be able to use the existing Node you’ve pictured on the left.

Have you tried plugging just one LED strip in? Are you using Corsair Link? Does it detect any of the strips if you plug them in individually?

Associate
You can run 4 rgb strips max from each led port. Lighting node Pro needs to be plugged into an on board USB header. If you don't have a spare then I'd suggest getting a commander Pro as it's got 2 USB ports (needs 1 itself though) .

Also make sure the sata cable is plugged in. It's not even referenced in the manual but probably a wise idea to have it powered.

Sometimes the LL fans don't all light up on a new install, need to go into cue to assign them. Might be the same with the strips. Worth checking.

Back
Top Bottom