Question about looking after my 3007wfp

Associate
Hi I have recently bought the Dell 3007wfp 30inch 2560x1600 monitor and have questions about how best to keep it in tip top condition.

I have noticed that LCD screens seem to need a lot more looking after than crt screens. Spraying on them isn't a good idea, and stuck pixels are a problem with this screen if I use anything other than a blank grey desktop pattern. It also seems to like warming up first before doing anything or else you may get stuck pixels. This is what i have learnt. Could someone give me more tips on how to look after a. the image quality and b. the screen itself. The screen seems to get scratched easily I press to hard with a cloth.

So how often should I dust it? I mean idealy. Should I be using any kind of spray or should I only use a dry cloth? Sould I be cleaning it everyday? Also at night should I be switching it off and covering it with a cover or should I be leaving it on and cover free? At the moment I swicth everything off and cover everything with the bag it came in to protect it from dust during the night. is this silly or a good idea?

Also how clean should I keep it? I find that I am unable to completly eliminate the dust no matter how long I dust it , so am I being anal for trying?

Please help me out with advice on how best to care for it as I have had to get quite a few replacments because of faults with the monitor and I don't want the screen I have now to end up with faults. The kind of faults they had were extreme light bleed, stuck pixels (thousands of them) and worn out looking screen. I have found that a little light bleed is par for the course with ips panel and it's not possible to find an ips panel without light bleed. I did find one without light bleed but it had a very worn looking screen so it wasn't ideal.

The screen I have now is pretty close to perfect. The only fault is a little light bleed right at the top left center. It really is only a little and only visble if the screen is black or blank. I can live with that much , but i do hope even that will disperse. DO you think it will ever sort itself out ? The Dell guy seems to think that some light bleed does go away over time. Is this even possible?

Thank you very much for reading. I really hope someoen can awnser my questions and give me extra advice aswell. I am not rich and went through a lot to find the best screen I could possibly afford , I think I finally found it so I can't allow it get dmaged in any way.

PS. Why can't I use an avatar. At the edit avatar setting in my user panel it just says currevt avatar and no avatar chosen or something. It doesn't allow me to place my avatar or link to avatar. Why?

Last edited:
Soldato
TonyM16 said:
The screen seems to get scratched easily I press to hard with a cloth.
Never press too hard and always use a lint free cloth to ensure you don't scratch the screen.

TonyM16 said:
So how often should I dust it? I mean idealy. Should I be using any kind of spray or should I only use a dry cloth? Sould I be cleaning it everyday? Also at night should I be switching it off and covering it with a cover or should I be leaving it on and cover free? At the moment I swicth everything off and cover everything with the bag it came in to protect it from dust during the night. is this silly or a good idea?
You will not be able eleiminate all dust. Cleaning it once a week should suffice. I personally don't use dust covers as I like the heat to dissapte quickly into the air after using the monitor. Any kind of bag/cover will only hinder that and keep components hotter than they need to be doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

TonyM16 said:
PS. Why can't I use an avatar. At the edit avatar setting in my user panel it just says currevt avatar and no avatar chosen or something. It doesn't allow me to place my avatar or link to avatar. Why?
You need to have 100 posts before you can use avatars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom