Question about memory!

It will handle 1066Mhz RAM fine but it will only run at 800Mhz unless you oc it.

There is no mobo AFAIK that has native support for DDR2 1066, these are designed for enthusiasts and overclockers.

Last edited:
steve258 said:
It will handle 1066Mhz RAM fine but it will only run at 800Mhz unless you oc it.

There is no mobo AFAIK that has native support for DDR2 1066, these are designed for enthusiasts and overclockers.

So it is theorically usless to get 1066MHz RAM and then use an 800MHz mobo? I don't wish to oc a new computer... kind of think its risky! Yet there is a mobo, the Abit AW9D-MAX Intel 975X (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard which handles 1066MHz RAM. The downside of this motherboard in my opinion is that it dosen't support SLi.. even though I won't be using it for the first run...

Thanks for all the response!

YES!

That's why people suggest PC6400 instead of the expensive PC8000 stuff because it's wasted if you don't overclock it to the extreme level.

Even if the mobo officially supports DDR2 1066 you will need to manually adjust the RAM divider for it to run at speeds a lot faster than the FSB.

Back
Top Bottom