• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Question about running Furmark

Associate
Hi i want to stress test second hand GPU rx 580. I want to run Furmark but i'm little scared :( since fans start to work at around 50°C.
My question is can i manually set fan speed to let say 70-80% before running Furmark or so (that way) it is incorrect? Is setting fan speed manually before stress testing inccorect way?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi i want to stress test second hand GPU rx 580. I want to run Furmark but i'm little scared :( since fans start to work at around 50°C.
My question is can i manually set fan speed to let say 70-80% before running Furmark or so (that way) it is incorrect? Is setting fan speed manually before stress testing inccorect way?

You got zero fan below 50c, leave it all on auto its fine and will ramp up nicely to accommodate higher temps

Soldato
Thanks for the reply :) Also can Furmark damage my GPU at stock voltages and not overclocked? I'm little scared running it :(

Potentially yes. That's why both Nvidia and AMD have recognition for it in their drivers and throttle it, making it not always useful for benchmarking or stress testing. It's like putting your car on a rolling road, and then pegging the throttle to the max for a few hours.

Furmark isn't even a very good test for stability, as you can run Furmark for a while to test an overclock, but that won't stop games from crashing your graphics card if you've gone too far. What are you trying to achieve here? If it's just to test for stability, then just play games and see if they are stable. They usually use a graphics card in a more stressful, yet realistic manner.

Back
Top Bottom