Question for anyone who owns a ThermalTake Core P3

ElB

ElB

Associate
I bought a job lot of random used PC parts a while ago (long and boring story) and included in it was a TT Core P3 Snow Edition case which initially I was going to resell but it sort of grew on me and I ended up using it - it's a bit daft and feels like long term I will get sick of clearing dust out of my radiator, but that's a problem for future me. Anyway, my build is more or less complete now (the GPU is temporary, and I'm sure I could fit a bit more RGB in there if I tried) and I've been considering wall mounting the case but it appears I'm missing some sort of mounting plate or bracket or something. The back of the case has a load of 8mm-ish holes in a VESA layout but nothing to put any screws in, so can anyone who has a P3 clue me in on what's missing? Does it attach to the main body of the case or anything, or is it literally just a plate with screw holes in? If it's the former then I guess I'll have to source a replacement, but if it's the latter would I be able to get away with just finding some suitably heavy duty metalwork (what B&Q call "mending plates") and just bolting it together?

ElB

ElB

Associate
OP
In the back of the case there is a metal bump out which has 4 bolt holes in it at vesa mounting spacing.
A bump? The back of my case is just flat inside and out with 12 large (about 8mm) holes that match assorted VESA sizes (75x75, 100x100, and 150x100), but there's nothing on the inside (either on the back panel or the inside of the main body of the case) for screws to screw in to.

Soldato
Take the rear cover off, in the back is a metal upstand which has the bolt holes in it for vesa fixing, if you still cannot find it pop up a pic of the rear of your case.

Back
Top Bottom