Question on RMA'ing

Associate
My Asus A8N32-Sli mobo has develped a fault (some part has just burned) but the PC still works ok and will be RMAing it. The question is, will I need to return the existing mobo first before I get the new one? I do not wnt to be left without a PC for the time period that it takes to get a new one. Newer RMAed anything before so don't know how it works.

Yes you usually need to retuen the faulty item first. There are exception, like with Western Digital i got an advance RMA by giving my card details ( so they can charge you if they dont get the old one back ) That was better as i used the packing the new drive came in to send the old one back.

Plextor dont even ask for the broken drive back, at least they didnt when i rmad a dvd writer last year

Ps.. Asus have no RMA system for returns set up in the UK. You will have to goto ocuk to return it.

I had a nightare last year getting an Asus x800pro returned to asus ( it was a 3yr manufacturers warranty boxed item ) because the place i had bought it from had gone bust.
Asus simply refused to take it saying that they "dont deal with end users". I had to insist in writing and that if they didnt do something i would be taking legal proceedings under the trade descriptions and sales of goods acts ...yada yada.... it worked and they let me send them the card and i got a shiny new one back... took 9 months though!

Day03 said:
So I have to deal with OcUK directly? I've contacted them and they said they will send me RMA number.

Yup. Just use the form at http://contact.overclockers.co.uk/ and explain the fault. They'll issue you with an RMA number, so you can send the faulty mobo back. They will then send you a replacement.

Or, buy a new mobo, then send the faulty one back for refund when the new one arrives.

AtreuS said:
Ps.. Asus have no RMA system for returns set up in the UK. You will have to goto ocuk to return it.

I had a nightare last year getting an Asus x800pro returned to asus ( it was a 3yr manufacturers warranty boxed item ) because the place i had bought it from had gone bust.
Asus simply refused to take it saying that they "dont deal with end users". I had to insist in writing and that if they didnt do something i would be taking legal proceedings under the trade descriptions and sales of goods acts ...yada yada.... it worked and they let me send them the card and i got a shiny new one back... took 9 months though!

hi sorry to drag up an old thread buy im in the same boat and wonder if you could help me just with what acts and so for to look up? (up till now ive been nice and polite but its coming on a month since my 6800 went bang)

When I RMA'd my GPU to OcUK, I kept an active interest sending emails asking (politely) what stage my RMA was at, and recieved a refund in 7 working days. Just send them an email, probally tell you they are waiting for the suppliers to get back to them.

Oh i got an email from somehwhere in england :p

"However, ASUS UK Notebook and PDA Support Centre have created a redundancy system for people in circumstances where the unit/s cannot be returned to the place of purchase, the turnaround time for this is approximately 4 weeks. "

:eek: 4 weeks and its in England! (im in scotland!)

And i have to pay £12 p&p (this normal?)

Sorry to bring up an old thread nut I need to RMA a motherboard has anyone got any contact details for the right people at Asus?

Cheers

Craig :)

Back
Top Bottom