Question Time

Associate
So I've managed to get a spot in the audience of Question Time this Thursday, has anyone been on the program before? I'm not sure that GD members should be allowed out in public, let alone ask questions to politicians on TV, so I've managed to slip through the net. I'm trying to think how I can get the major topics of GD through the editing process; letterboxes, eBay, mac10's and pasty smashing aren't likely to capture the imagination of the sane majority of viewers.

What questions would you ask, GD?

Associate
OP
Well you've obviously already told them what questions you want to ask. So, what are they?

Nope, you have to write the questions down when you get there and they let you know if you've been selected just before recording starts. No doubt they'll have to be fairly vanilla in order to stand a chance of being chosen.

Soldato
Nope, you have to write the questions down when you get there and they let you know if you've been selected just before recording starts. No doubt they'll have to be fairly vanilla in order to stand a chance of being chosen.

Ah, they must have changed it. When I was accepted to go on I had to pre-select my questions. Ultimately, my boss didn't give me the time off and thought pulling a sickie would be risky!

Soldato
Ask something unrelated to brexit, it's a shoe in you'll be selected to give us a break from the relentless asking of questions to people who have no answers - ask something about the rape clause

Associate
OP
Compared to an average QT audience member, a GD poster is a phenomenal step up.

I would like to manage your expectations downwards. :D

Thinking about asking what the contents of the letter, written by Prime Minister Corbyn, to UK submarine commanders would say in the event of the UK getting wiped off the map. From his recent interview on the Andrew Marr show, he'd order them to organise and attend a peace conference rather than perform a retaliatory strike.

Soldato
I'd ask about electoral fraud. Topical, and it'll make any MPs on the panel squirm. All three main parties have been fined.

Maybe bring up the fines and ask whether or not they're appropriate? It could be seen that £70k is a tiny amount when measured against the Conservative Party's £15.6m 2015 election war chest. Is it really an effective deterrent? Or could it be argued that it's worth taking such a fine on the chin if it means winning a few more seats?

I'd steer clear of bringing up potential criminal charges. I'd wager most panelists would dodge the question as it's something nobody will want to comment on until the debacle blows over. Chances are, most of the affected MPs will be on the 'not contesting their seat' list anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom