Questions about a tt99 ban.

Associate
My house mate despite being a really nice guy has over the last 2 years managed to rack himself up 12 points on his licence and now has a 6 month ban.(well deserved)

During his lengthy wait to go to court he was caught by a pcso riding one of his bikes to the end of the road and back to test his brakes and as a result has now received a summons to court for no insurance......

My question is how will a court deal with this offence as he has now been banned but at the time was not driving on a ban ?

Any ideas ?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
He'll get points + fine regardless of the situation. You can still rack up points while banned.

At least 6 points and a £300 minimum fine coming his way, but given the aggravating factors it could be 8 points and a much heftier fine.

Man of Honour
No sympathy I'm afraid. Big fine. More points ready and waiting for when he eventually gets his license back. Also a hefty insurance hike for the future. Muppet.

Associate
OP
Just out testing his brakes :D

Believe it or not that was exactly what he was doing, put new pads in a fazer and didn't see the pcso standing on the corner of the road watching him (wasn't wearing a lid), i don't know whether his biggest mistake was riding the bike that short distance or bothering to stop for the pcso.

Anyway I wasn't looking for sympathy for the guy, we all think he's an idiot, he drives far too aggressively and refuses to listen or slow down. I think he thought he'd get away with it and keep his licence after a begging letter to the court saying he'd probably lose his job (the court didn't care)

I was just genuinely curious as it's an unusual set of circumstances and I'm surprised that the court doesn't have the option of extending his current ban

Man of Honour
He wasn't banned at the time of the offence therefore I imagine it'll be the standard points and fine for no insurance as long as he doesn't try and argue the toss and end up in court at which point he'll probably get the book thrown at him.

Associate
OP
lol, your housemate is a moron.
;

That's a given, there's only so much bad luck someone can have. The first 3 points was a simple sp30, the next was no insurance because he forgot to send proof of his no claims and his insurance got cancelled, at this point I told him to ride and drive like a granny, weeks later he get caught in a variable on the motorway........

I have zero sympathy.

Soldato
there's only so much bad luck someone can have
your mate ain't experiencing bad luck. being a dingbat ain't bad luck, it's just being a dingbat

i'd be telling him to do some rectal stretching exercises because as per my first reply, he's gonna be getting the full of the pipe! i hope he isn't too pretty, they likes the pretty ones the best.

Soldato
;

That's a given, there's only so much bad luck someone can have. The first 3 points was a simple sp30, the next was no insurance because he forgot to send proof of his no claims and his insurance got cancelled, at this point I told him to ride and drive like a granny, weeks later he get caught in a variable on the motorway........

I have zero sympathy.
None of that is bad luck, that is all being a moron.

Back
Top Bottom