Questions about TV tuners

Hello,

I'm looking to use my desktop (spec in sig) as a way of watching TV, the problem is I dont have any slots available inside the pc for a card, so it looks like it's going to be a USB plug in Tuner.

What unit would you lot say I should go for.

I'm looking for good picture quality with some of the following features (if possible)

freeview
digital program guide would be nice
HDTV? (not sure if i'd need it)
pinture in/and picture

Any help would be good.

Thank you

you'll only get PIP with dual tuners and i'm not sure which manufacturers software supports it.

a freeview tuner is the best option with MCE2005 which has a great program guide and UI.

That's freeview, DVB-T = Digital Video Broadcast-Terrestial.
Would have to check the manufacturerers website for detailed specs but I'm guessing by the PIP features they mean a window within your desktop, not 2 TV channels at the same time.

For the prgram guide you'll have to read some reviews of the card with screenshots to see if you like the look and features of the program guide.

post back with your findings as i'd like to know if it's true PIP etc.

have you thought about MCE 2005 with and MCE compatible card? that way you'll only have to rely on the manufacturer for driver updates and get all the software support you need from the dozens of MCE user forums out there and have access to 100s of 3rd party apps developed for MCE.

Back
Top Bottom