Quick cooling question.

Associate
Literally changes on a case by case basis. Stock 3700x/5900x turn my case into an oven unless I use an AIO. Equally your cpu should sustain higher boost clocks for longer with better cooling.

What cpu and case were you thinking about?

Associate
In many cases is enough, but usually stock coolers run also hotter and are more noisy. Case also matters a lot, as adrichardson81 said. I personally like to invest in a good one, I think I have been using Noctuas since the longest time :)

Associate
OP
Im looking for a smallish case for a full atx board, and someone recomended the Coolmaster 500ql (? i think). The size and such is fine, but the reviews talk about it being an oven. Now ill only be having a ryzen 5 3600 and a 1070 gpu, the gpu will at most be changing to a 3070. Though plans are morphing, i may even look at itx now. Im not sure. I was going to pick up some of the stuff i needed now, but stock levels of stuff and the changes in our border i might let things settle down for a month or three and look at whats actualy available then, with potentialy more money saved. Prices as they are a couple of extra hundreds can really affect the build.

Permabanned
Im looking for a smallish case for a full atx board, and someone recomended the Coolmaster 500ql (? i think). The size and such is fine, but the reviews talk about it being an oven. Now ill only be having a ryzen 5 3600 and a 1070 gpu, the gpu will at most be changing to a 3070. Though plans are morphing, i may even look at itx now. Im not sure. I was going to pick up some of the stuff i needed now, but stock levels of stuff and the changes in our border i might let things settle down for a month or three and look at whats actualy available then, with potentialy more money saved. Prices as they are a couple of extra hundreds can really affect the build.

Hmm yes that case is supposed to be really bad in terms of thermals. Apparently they can't be improved much either. I think you would end up with problems.

Associate
I have similar problems with my Jonsbo UMX4 Pro. I tried a Noctua at first with 3 120mm exhsusts. With an aio, temps are nearly 10c lower.

I nearly went itx, but they're too limiting. Matx is a better compromise, but they tend to be lower end.

Back
Top Bottom