Quick Interesting PS3 Story

Soldato
Afternoon,

My Brother and his new wife went to New York & Las Vegas for honeymoon last week. My brother wanted to get a PS3 so he bought 2 in New York (One for wifes brother).

They get to Las Vegas Airport and they had put the 2 PS3's in hand luggage. It goes through the X-Ray machine but it stops! The guy checked the bag to find the PS3's! He goes Insane! Quote "DUDE DUDE YOUVE GOT 2 PS3'S OH MY GOD!, JOHN COME OVER HERE" lol. So the guards pick it up and gets a cloth out and cleans it?! Anyway they let them go through no problems. SO! On the way home to heathrow they get through fine at Las Vegas. Arriving in London, they didnt declare and just went through normally and out they go with 2 PS3's in hand! Crazy and Lucky!

You would have thought they would have got caught going throught the machine but no, nothing!

Anyways thats my little story!

JamesT

Soldato
The departing country dont care what you take home with you (obviously not guns, drugs etc), its the country that you arrive in that you have to pay taxes and import.
Yep, lucky really, but totally depends on what mood the airport staff are in. I seen people arriving with us at Cardiff a few years back with TVs etc and just walked on out. There was no customs staff anywhere at all.

Soldato
Yeah, as already stated, the guys at your point of depart wouldn't care less really. They're more likely to check that you've not got more than 100ml of bottled water on you than a grand's worth of games consoles. The Brits could've (and should've) picked it up and then passed on your details to the Customs & Excise people - although I'm guessing it was in the hold luggage not your hand luggage, and an x-ray machine wouldn't care less if you had a PS3 or not.

edit: just re-read the OP and it seems it was in the hand luggage, in which case, it was lazy of the Brits to not spot it.

Caporegime
I did a similar thing once - bought a Vaio laptop from the Sony Style place in New York and waltzed through Manchester airport. It was early on a Sunday morning and the customs area was completely shut!

Associate
I bought my gamecube in NYC seeing as it got ridiculously delayed for Europe.

Took it up the empire state building (This was in DEC 2001 - 3 months after 9/11), I then took it to Mexico, back into the US and then back to the UK. No problems at all. :D

Soldato
Mr Latte said:
No its because the PS3 is SO Powerfull they had to check it was safe to take onboard the plane... :D
I can understand that. I mean they would be absolutley gobsmacked at someone taking two of the worlds most powerful supercomputers on a plane as hand luggage ;) - but why clean it for him?

Soldato
Joebob said:
I can understand that. I mean they would be absolutley gobsmacked at someone taking two of the worlds most powerful supercomputers on a plane as hand luggage ;) - but why clean it for him?

Do you know the wages most security guys are on in airports, particulary in the states. Chances are they could have been retards but then again America hasnt got that many of them, no i mean really...

Boy you can see them talking in the tea room later "man i got to polish some guys friggin PS3 today" must have made his day...

Soldato
Mr Latte said:
No its because the PS3 is SO Powerfull they had to check it was safe to take onboard the plane... :D

i heard terrorists are going to hack in take control of planes with ps3s and six axis controllers :eek: :p

the security guards was probably just amazed your bro could afford 2 when he had to re mortgage his trailer just to buy one

Soldato
Customs in the UK know exactly who to look out for using the watch list and experience. Your brother was quite lucky to get away with it, saying that I nearly picked up a PS3 when I was in America but didn't bother.

Soldato
I picked up 2 PSP's from Singapore a couple of years ago. I hadn't actually considered there being any issue with customs.

Thankfully, there wasn't.

Soldato
Bonjour said:
I picked up 2 PSP's from Singapore a couple of years ago. I hadn't actually considered there being any issue with customs.

Thankfully, there wasn't.
I think 2 PSP's would be a bit easier to fit in your luggage than a couple of wopping great PS3 boxs!

Associate
Theres no scanning on luggage on arrival in the UK yet, so unless you're unlucky enough to get pulled by customs for a manual search, anything you can get out of your country of origin will get into the UK.

Back
Top Bottom