Quick ? please

Soldato
I currently have a membership with the GMB union but will be cancelling it soon.

I have to put it in writing to cancel.. is it just a case of saying for example .

I wish to inform you that i will be cancelling my GMB membership.

Membership no: 1234567

sign and date ect ?

Its done by direct debit which i can cancel but just not sure if i should wait until they receive you letter first before cancelling .

I did inform them by email but they said i need to do it in writing.

Thanks Peahead :p :o

Caporegime
It's not a standing order, they can just stop taking the money. But the authorization will stay on your account until it's cancelled.

Soldato
OP
It's not a standing order, they can just stop taking the money. But the authorization will stay on your account until it's cancelled.

Oh ok thanks for the information i will get the letter sent of and hopefully the will
not take payment next time if they do guess i will cancel the authorization or should i just do that anyway ? :p

Caporegime
If they take payment after you've told them in the letter that you aren't authorizing them to take it then the direct debit guarantee kicks in.

Soldato
OP
If they take payment after you've told them in the letter that you aren't authorizing them to take it then the direct debit guarantee kicks in.

Ah so i would get the money back anyway that's good to now thanks :)

Never done anything like this before just want to be sure i go about it correctly:p

Back
Top Bottom