Quick Postage

Soldato
I have just come up to Conventry, from South London, and realised that I have left 3 important boxes at home. I need them here by Thursday at the latest.

2 of the boxes are the size of a 5 ream box of A4 paper, and the same weight (no, its not A4 paper :p)

The other box is about double the size of that, and probably around 1.5 times the weight of one of the smaller boxes...

Any suggestions on how to get them up asap?

/Edit: I don't want to spend too much - the usual student budget etc ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
basmic said:
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=23500714&mediaId=23500721

I'm guessing a box containing 5 reams (300 sheets of 80gs/m paper per ream) would weigh around 9.4kg.

Send the two boxes as a parcel (tie together, or something), and it shouldn't cost more than £12.46.

Send the other big box, at a cost of around £12.46.

If all the boxes were to be posted on Monday morning, will they arrive by Wednesday or Thursday?

Permabanned
Danger Phoenix said:
Usually for the ParcelForce 48 service, they collect the packages from you, but is it possible for them to be dropped off at the dept - everyone at home goes to work so they can't hang around waiting for the PF guy :(
Just tell them to nip into the post office before going to work, or during their dinner hour, TBH.

Soldato
OP
basmic said:
Just tell them to nip into the post office before going to work, or during their dinner hour, TBH.

Can you use the ParcelForce service from there?

Also, I just got the sizes and weight of the boxes from my sister at home:

15kg - 35 x 32 x 40
20kg - 30 x 27 x 33
20kg - 30 x 27 x 33

(dimensions in cm)

:(

Permabanned
Danger Phoenix said:
Can you use the ParcelForce service from there?

Also, I just got the sizes and weight of the boxes from my sister at home:

15kg - 35 x 32 x 40
20kg - 30 x 27 x 33
20kg - 30 x 27 x 33

(dimensions in cm)

:(
I'm not going to say you'll be able to, but my local post office let me post a gaming steering wheel (force feedback, so quite heavy and big) via ParcelForce.

Man of Honour
basmic said:
I'm not going to say you'll be able to, but my local post office let me post a gaming steering wheel (force feedback, so quite heavy and big) via ParcelForce.

I've posted a Gaming wheel and a PC case via my local post office using Parcel post , so you should be ok with those size boxes.

Mind you, this was before their " nothing fatter than a Rizzla paper " system was introduced.

Back
Top Bottom