Quick Question About New Vista Installation!

Soldato
ok guys i should be receiving my conroe upgrade today, but as i have just burned a copy of vista i installed it on my hard drive just to see what it's like!

Now what i'm wandering is as i haven't installed any motherboard chipset drivers or drivers in general, would i be able to do a straight swap with my conroe hardware and carry on using the same hard drive with vista on it? or would i need to re-formatt my hard drive and install vista again with my intel hardware?

Soldato
OP
kk i'l give it a go first off :) the reason i asked is because as no amd drivers are installed as of yet how does it make a difference what cpu and motherboard did the windows installation?

Soldato
OP
ok guys just installed vista with my conroe setup, and tried installing the motherboard drivers on the disk but i can't access it because the os isn't supported and it just exits the driver setup? would i be ok to run without the motherboard drivers or should i just go back to xp?

Soldato
OP
hehe the keyword in that sentence is "SHOULD" they haven't updated them at all which sucks a tad lol, upon start up i get no new hardware findings at all but then i'm just a little worried that it won't have picked up everything and parts won't work lol! also a few bits that i want off the cd like the asus update utility

Soldato
OP
ahh kk excellent, think what i'l do then is update bios then install vista again and see how i go, may be able to run the compatability wizard on the disk to get the drivers :) thanks all love to you guys

Soldato
OP
Ok folks solved this issue without using the compatability wizard as this didn't work! all i did was copied the files from the disk to my desktop then i used the setup within the folders to install the desired file and hey presto it worked :D

Soldato
OP
haha it's true phate :D, am so chuffed now! everything is working except the norton security on the disk which i'm not too bothered about! had a little issue with windows messenger but a quick google and i was sorted, everything looks so big lol, now all i have to do is re-install my TT typhoon and get to clocking this beast :D

Back
Top Bottom