Quick Question - Dell Inspiron 1012 Netbook

Associate
Hi all,

I went to OCuK this morning and picked myself up a Inspiron 1012 Netbook for £211, which all in all seemed reasonable.

I am sure it should have a 6 cell battery (54Wh is it?) and Bluetooth capabilities. The quick-start guide instructs me to hit F2, which pops up a window and should allow you to tick or untick the Wireless and the Bluetooth, however I only get the wifi option?

Am I being stupid or have I been given the wrong model, as I paid for the Bluetooth capable one?

Cheers.

Soldato
Doesnt say anything on the website about it having the bluetooth module fitted.

I have one of these and mine didnt come with bluetooth. You can however buy a bluetooth module for a tenner off ebay and fit it quite easily. It does however meant getting busy with a screwdriver and taking the top half of the case off.

Associate
OP
Doesnt say anything on the website about it having the bluetooth module fitted.

I have one of these and mine didnt come with bluetooth. You can however buy a bluetooth module for a tenner off ebay and fit it quite easily. It does however meant getting busy with a screwdriver and taking the top half of the case off.

If that's the case I'm dissapointed and quite angry that the OCuK rep answered yes to my "is this the model with bluetooth" question.

Soldato
As far as i know only the models direct from dell have the option for the extras like the bluetooth and the HD decoder chips.

If you do a search for DELL Wireless 365 Bluetooth you will see what the module looks like. Its tiny.

Associate
OP
As far as i know only the models direct from dell have the option for the extras like the bluetooth and the HD decoder chips.

If you do a search for DELL Wireless 365 Bluetooth you will see what the module looks like. Its tiny.

Does that mean I will be unable to purchase the module and clip it in then?

Associate
i think OcUK used to state that one of the Models sold on the website had bluetooth capabilities (included in the price) however looking at both of the models now, the price different is because of the 3-cell bettery in one model, and then the 6-cell battery in the other.

Back
Top Bottom