• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Quick question on a blast from the past card!

Soldato
Hey guys, i've been looking around and can't seem to find whether or not an old Riva TNT 2 32MB gfx card could put out a widescreen resolution at all? Just got an old one laying about (no system to test it on right now) as i'm building a SFF rig to run quietly for dl's etc.. or am i gonna have to look around for a cheap 9600 or something of that nature?

Just trying to think that if this card can't push it out, what would be the cheapest possible agp card to push out 1680x1050? :D

Associate
if it coudl even do it would be a struggle. that card is well old man :) reminds me of my voodoo 2 gfx card i owned :D you will need a somethikng with a lil more oomph in it for widescreen output. should be able to get something a lot more recent for only a few pennies on ebay.

Man of Honour
loads of ~£30 GPUs out there that can do it... 5200, 6200, 7300 or similiar...

I seem to remember being able to get my old TNT2 to render some odd modes so even if its not supported by default you might be able to manually specify the mode...

Last edited:
Soldato
Sure it can do widescreen.
[size=-1]max resolution of tnt2 is 1920 x 1200.

You might just have to create a custom profile for the res , but i would suspect the drivers will have the usual anyway.

[/size]

Soldato
OP
Cool, thanks guys, i'll give it a try and work on a profile (ati user for the last 5 year is the profilee in the nvidia drivers?)

Failing that i'll scour for a card that can :D

Thanks again all

Back
Top Bottom