1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by MightyMatt, 29 May 2006.

1. MightyMatt

Gangster

sup guys, need help choosing a new mobo. hope u guys can recommend something.

crossfire 3200 chipset with 3 pci slots and 2 pci-e slots skt 939

the asus looks good but only 2 pci slots :( if u guys know of any boards i would really really appreciate u telling me, thx guys!

2. deadeyedic30

Wise Guy

What cards do you have in your case, and will you be using 2 graphics cards now or in near future ?

3. MightyMatt

Gangster

using 2 graphics cards at present and will continue to do so, in my pci slots i currently have my wireless internat card and a x-fi fatality, the third i need is for any future upgrade

4. deadeyedic30

Wise Guy

DFI has 3 slots pci, but thats about it for the chipset you want.
    Are your graphics card coolers single slot ?
    My mate just got a pair of 1900XT, (one Master Card) and an Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe Crossfire mobo. It's crowded in his case (Akasa Eclipse 62), with a Fatality X-Fi and a Phys-X card. His problems are his psu is giving the cards enough juice when gaming so they crash.

5. MightyMatt

Gangster

2 X850'S with zalman coolers on them so they both take up a pci-e and the slot adajacent, the asus board looks the ticket but the 3rd pci is preferred, i want the phyxs card also but i dont think thats gonna happen

6. squiffy

Banned

Don't waste your money. Give me that £200, and pretend you have a physics card. Performance will be faster. And I'll be £200 up.

7. MightyMatt

Gangster

u make me a board that meets my requirements and u might have a deal ;)