Quick Spec Check, thanks

Soldato
Sorry, i know these must be getting boring now :) hehe

Hey, im actually going to be buying in September but id like to have the spec and everything ready in time!

This is the first stage of stuff im buying:

Motherboard
Quad Core
Power supply
Case
Ram

But my questions are:

1)Are their any cheaper motherboards caperble of running 4gb of 1066MHZ ram and being very good for overclocking?

Also, when are the new motherboards coming out? Do you think they will cause a drop down in price in this motherboard?

2) Is the power supply reliable and good enough to run a q6600 + BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC2 768MB

3)Is this case big enough to fit duel G80s and the big cpu coolers such as the Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler

overclockersstage1.jpg

Thank you for your time and help and to all the people that orginaly helped me draw up this list of parts to buy.

:EDIT: Swaped the power supply after being told it was very loud, up goes the price :( lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
On a separate note, just looking through the shop i saw some northbridge coolers.

If i plan on overclocking my quad core to over 3GHZ should i get some extra coolers? I already have plans on one actually on the CPU. But what about the Northbridge, chipset, ram etc?

Thanks for your time. I always feel like im asking to many questions at once. But i know you guys are all experienced and brainy :)

Back
Top Bottom