1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick thanks to OCUK

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Double07, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Double07

Wise Guy

Plenty get said when a company screws up, but not enough when they do something decent so I just a quick thanks to OCUK.

I've had an order waiting on delivery of a case for a week or so and the date got pushed back, OCUK agreed to give me another case which was a fiver more expensive (yes its only a fiver but still), and I just wanted to point this out and thank them.

2. MartinPrince

Wise Guy

Kudos to taking the taken to give some positive feedback rather than the complaints we sometimes see.here. ;)

3. Double07

Wise Guy

That was kind of my point. Ive had opportunity in the past to bemoan poor service (OCUK included in this), and like most of us I did. Thought perhaps it was worth saying cheers for some decent service. Like I say was only a few quid and I do tend to shop about but little things make a difference when you are spending your cash.

4. Chris [BEANS]

Soldato

I’ll jump in and say I’m really happy with OCUK too.
    Just made a recent fairly pricey order. Not only were there some serious bargains to be had in the Easter Sale, but OCUK were happy to juggle the deliveries around after I got it wrong, and have arranged a return and refund of an item I was unhappy with with no fuss at all.
    Needless to say, that refund will be spent with OCUK anyway.

So yeah, thanks OCUK.

5. WantoN

Capodecina

Generally speaking I only have an excellent service experience from OCUK.

There’s been problems, but they’re always solved quickly and more than fairly.

6. chrcoluk

Mobster

When I swapped my PSU, I was gutted it was a friday to get second sent, and next day delivery would mean monday, they bumped me to free sat delivery as a goodwill gesture, was nice of them. :)

7. ED209

Soldato

Like any company you will get problems but it’s how a company deals with the problems that keep people coming back.

Had great service from OCUK as well with a faulty 2200g processor, Bailey got a replacement out the same day they received it back as it was for my sons birthday and I just did a cpu, mobo, tam and psu upgrade costing me £640 which is the most I have spent on my pc in some time.

Op, glad you got a little saving and a case sorted out

8. Jason1973

Gangster

This says it all. I have had shopping issues but I have never had a bad experience. Always found OCUK fair, honest and trust worthy. They even advised me to spend less money on a more suitable product.

9. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

Caseking have invested a lot of money into OcUK to get them where they are.

OcUK once upon a time did have a not so shiny reputation but they have turned it around with gusto and I would say they are now the premier component retailer in the country when you factor everything in.

A large part of that success has been the forums in how it drives sales through the store and hats off to Spie for envisioning how important a role they would be in a time when "social media" was not a thing.

Many of us on these forums will be OcUK shoppers for life as well as the "lurkers" who never post but shop here on the basis of the forum.

Mistakes can and do happen (we see issues on the forum from time to time) but on the whole, they are a good bunch.

I needed an obscure low power CPU for a custom firewall appliance build last year, OcUK were able to source it for me even though it was not a line item. Top class.

10. The-Plethora

Gangster

Just to chime in I would also say OCUKs customer service is brilliant. I was after a case that was out of stock recently and asked about it and they said they had none in stock as it was discontinued but also made the effort to get in touch with the supplier to see if they could get hold of one as a special order, nice touch.

11. WantoN

Capodecina

I was buying from OCUK long and held them in high regard, long before CaseKing got involved.

12. Apone70

Wise Guy

I wasn't happy having to send back a pack of 3 fans just because one was faulty, but I did get the replacements with 2 working days which was good. I think the person I spoke to on the phone knew it didn't make sense but was out of his hands

13. ilc72

Gangster

OcUK support and service is first rate. You may pay a little more but ultimately it’s a false economy in the long run, especially if purchasing components. Also if a product is significantly overpriced, a call to Sales invariably will help if not always matching the price of larger retailers. Also when you factor OcUK prices are more often than not cheaper than Caseking’s even after adjusting for slightly different VAT rates.