Quiet but suitable for gaming PC

Associate
I'm after a PC with a spec similar to the radiance gamer plus, but it needs to be quiet and preferably plain - is that something you can help me with (similar price tag or cheaper)?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/radiance-gamer-plus-asus-aura-sync-rgb-gaming-pc-fs-1an-og.html

My understanding is that the ASUS Strix graphics cards and motherboards are good for quiet operation, so I guess it's then down to the case, the processor cooler and the power supply?

I can live with a glowing PC if needs be, but not if quieter is possible without it at a similar price.

I already have a nice gaming monitor.

Failing that if someone can spec me something equivalent that will be quiet but good for gaming?

Associate
I'm after a PC with a spec similar to the radiance gamer plus, but it needs to be quiet and preferably plain - is that something you can help me with (similar price tag or cheaper)?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/radiance-gamer-plus-asus-aura-sync-rgb-gaming-pc-fs-1an-og.html

My understanding is that the ASUS Strix graphics cards and motherboards are good for quiet operation, so I guess it's then down to the case, the processor cooler and the power supply?

I can live with a glowing PC if needs be, but not if quieter is possible without it at a similar price.

I already have a nice gaming monitor.

Failing that if someone can spec me something equivalent that will be quiet but good for gaming?
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,561.42 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Or

Total: £1,579.58 (includes shipping: £14.70)

The top option should be the most quiet:
  • Sound-dampened case
  • Quiet CPU cooler
  • Highly efficient PSU with a quiet fan
  • GPU is quiet too

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm also funny about wanting to keep things quiet.
Recently got a Strix 1080 - can't recommend this enough, it's brilliant.
My CPU cooler is a CM 212 Evo - it's not the best cooler, but it's quiet and cool, and good value for money. I'd defo spend more for something better next time, maybe 240 AIO.
I have this in a Fractal R5 Blackout Edition - excellent design for those who like subtle/sensible rather than gamer/rgb.
The loudest thing in my case atm is my case fans, which are definitely louder than they should be and need replacing - probably better to just replace them with noctuas from day 1.

Associate
I'm also funny about wanting to keep things quiet.
Recently got a Strix 1080 - can't recommend this enough, it's brilliant.
My CPU cooler is a CM 212 Evo - it's not the best cooler, but it's quiet and cool, and good value for money. I'd defo spend more for something better next time, maybe 240 AIO.
I have this in a Fractal R5 Blackout Edition - excellent design for those who like subtle/sensible rather than gamer/rgb.
The loudest thing in my case atm is my case fans, which are definitely louder than they should be and need replacing - probably better to just replace them with noctuas from day 1.
Are those the stock Fractal 140mm fans in your case? They are the loudest thing in my R3 as well.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Have I missed anything; is there anything cheaper that’s better or just as good and quiet too? Have I gone with the right motherboard? Seems loads of options...

Just need a cost incl someone to put it all together and delivery.

I remember now why I leave buying a new PC so long :(

Associate
Have I missed anything; is there anything cheaper that’s better or just as good and quiet too? Have I gone with the right motherboard? Seems loads of options...

Just need a cost incl someone to put it all together and delivery.

I remember now why I leave buying a new PC so long :(
Total: £1,503.42 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Over the above build this has a:
Better GPU with a quiet cooler
Faster RAM
Cheaper motherboard - the board lighting is somewhat redundant with no window, but it's a good price
Very quiet air cooler - can be found elsewhere for under £50 if you wanted to save even more.

A GTX 1080 is another option instead of the 1070ti:

Total: £519.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

When overclocked this is faster than the 1070ti, and also comes with Destiny 2. The cooler will be a bit louder than that MSI card, but you do get EVGA customer services and UK RMA (best in industry).

Finally, you could go with the below case if you preferred its look over the R5. This case also comes with better fans (quieter) but you lose some storage capabilities and the CPU cooler is a much tighter fit.

Total: £94.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Last edited:
Soldato
South has nailed it with that above build, big fan of the Pure base.
1070Ti is a steal of a price !

And if your after gtx 1080, get the 11gbps ! Aorus I have overclocks to 12gbps! Can be had for £515 if you look . Rest is solid. Might be worth looking for Samsung ssd else where for free assassin's creed game .
Get that list in the trolly ! :D

Back
Top Bottom