Quiet CPU for X99 / 5930k

Permabanned
I'm building a PC for a friend and would like some recommendations for a silent, efficient PSU for an X99 / 5930k PC which will only really be used for RAW photo editing and watching movies, no gaming whatsoever. I'm presuming it won't need to be that powerful maybe around 650W should suffice. It won't be overclocked either so just running at stock with a couple SSD's and a couple hard drives.

Cheers.

Permabanned
OP
I'm just waiting to find out from him but it's a low power card from what I remember. Probably doesn't even use any extra power connectors from the PSU.

Associate
then a good 550W PSU from EVGA/Corsair/Superflower/XFX/etc will do the job. With a low power card on your setup, the PSU's may not even spin. You want silent and efficient hence you should aim for 80 plus gold or above plus zero fan design.

This one on offer may be your best choice.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/frac...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-072-fd.html

5 year warranty.
fan doesn't spin until 50% load (IE above 300w, which is rarely the case with your setup).
80 plus platinum hence very efficient.
600W leave a lot of room for future upgrade considering graphics card tends to consume less power than before.

Permabanned
OP
Cheers for that. Just heard back that he has a Radeon HD5450 GPU. His current PSU is a Silverstone 500w SST ST50F230. I'm thinking he might still be able to use it? What would you advise?

Back
Top Bottom