Quiet Keyboard suggestions?

Associate
I've had complaints that my keyboard (stock Dell unit) is to loud at night. Pity because I like its 'clicky' action myself. Any suggestions as to a quieter replacment? I'm open to USB wired and non wired.

Associate
1) remove keys

2) spread jam over the buttons

3) replace keys

SORTED :D

PS Leerdammer cheese folded over once may also work

Soldato
Putting your keyboard on something soft can quieten it down a lot. If not then the hiper keyboard I'm using is quiet but its a laptop styled keyboard.

Mark

Soldato
Yeh the Saitek keyboards are fairly quiet, they're also very nice to type on (one of the best keyboards I've used) and have a blue light for added coolness:D

Associate
Yeah the backlight is sweet, and adjustable !!
Also the volume controls nice, and its about the nices board i think ive used...
Extra keypad is handy aswell... (gamers version). :)

Soldato
Street said:
Yeh the Saitek keyboards are fairly quiet, they're also very nice to type on (one of the best keyboards I've used) and have a blue light for added coolness:D
yeah, but does your keyboard have an entirely necessary LCD display? :cool:

Associate
IBM keyboards are also pretty quiet because of a softened key travel, as well as having (probably) the best tactile touch that I have encountered on a keyboard. Highly recommended.

Soldato
Apple Pro keyboards (as Raymond Lin will testify :p ) are really good. The keys are full size, but don't click as you'd expect, it's more of a quiet thud, which is really pleasant to type on actually.

Soldato
another vote for the saitek elclipse !
about the loud space bar... ive found it loud if you hit it hard... but quiet if you hit it in a normal way ( wow that sounds soo stupid lol... its kinda hardd to explain)

i went for the eclipse rather than the gamer one as the characters on the keys themselves light up not just the spaces around them. ofcourse you can turn it off for daytime use... in that case the characters just look black
IMO superb board. keys have jsut the right abount of resistance :)

does the gamer version come with the wrist rest btw ? ... ive found it very hard to adapt to a bord without one
Rick

Associate
Logitech Ultra X desktop. Cant fault it i love it! :)
Quiet too as the pc is in the bedroom and the Mrs sleeps while i type :)
Also only about 35quid

Albaba

Back
Top Bottom