Quiet Keyboard suggestions?

Associate
Yep ...The Gamer version comes with the wrist pad aswell....
I was goin to get the Eclipse, but the extra numerical pad swung it for me... Although the Eclipse may well be my next keyboard as im well happy with Saitek :)

Associate
OP
Prefer something without the bells and whistle but thats tactile and has a soft click. The ultra Logitech Ultra-X looks nice, but I like the large enter key. I tend to prefer keyboards with it. I like my Sony laptop keyboard, but its slower to type on that than my Dell clicky keyboard. The IBM and Apple sound interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to try before I buy. Any disadvantages of using the Apple one on a PC?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sparky191 said:
Prefer something without the bells and whistle but thats tactile and has a soft click. The ultra Logitech Ultra-X looks nice, but I like the large enter key. I tend to prefer keyboards with it. I like my Sony laptop keyboard, but its slower to type on that than my Dell clicky keyboard. The IBM and Apple sound interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to try before I buy. Any disadvantages of using the Apple one on a PC?

I have 2 Apple Pro Keyboard,

Wired and bluetooth (love the wired one so much i got the BT one last week), they feel identical and look identical ( BT one weight a touch heavier). The only difference is the wire and the Lack of USB ports on the Bluetooth version. There isn't any technically advantage of using a Apple Keyboard on the PC over a normal Keyboard, I got it because i love the way it feels when i type on it. I also like the face that the footprint is tiny, i can put it to one side and have my desk back. But a big plus point is the Apple Keyboard is a quality product, you have to see one to realise it is a much better built product than any other keyboard out there, even the £80 MS bluetooth variants. For £20 it really is a bargain, i remember these were £50 new.

There are 4 spare keys F13-F16, which you can map using a small registry program off the net to anything (does not use any resources), i got F13 for Printscreen at the moment, and not done the others yet, not found the need to. The Apple Key is the Windows key, and the volume buttons works straight away. The only key you can't map or use is the Eject key, unless you install a program.

Last edited:
Caporegime
When i say technical advantage, i mean it is just a keyboard. There isn't any keys on there is isn't on other keyboards (unless you count the program that map keys to do whatever you want). I have it because of it's feel, and its quality (The plastic used is superior to any Logitech and MS products). You simply can't get a better built keyboard for any money, sure it doesn't have any fancy lights or LCD screen or shortcut keys, but I never used those shortcut keys, the light is useless since i don't really look down when i type. For £20 you can't go wrong with this, not regretted it one bit since i got it, been using it for about 4 months now and not going back to my MS one.

Last edited:
Soldato
sorry to drag this post up, but where can i get a bluetooth apple keyboard? do they do a mouse aswell? do they both work with winxp?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom