Quietest Case fans?

Soldato
I've been very impressed with the Corsair ML140s, I've got three of them (two on a Corsair radiator and one on the rear of the case) and they're very quiet.

Soldato
Asking for quietest case fan is like asking for quietest car tire. One that is not moving is the simple answer for a simple question.

To determine what will be the quietest system requires choosing a case that will flow air as needed, and that depends on how much airflow components need. A system using a 120mm fan on CPU cooler and 2x 80mm fans on GPU cooler only needs about half as much airflow as a system using 140mm fan on CPU cooler and 3x 90mm fans on GPU cooler.

And even that answer is over simplified. ;) It also depends on what size the fans are. While the below listings are available in both 120mm and 140mm, there are some other are at only available in 120mm or 140mm.

Some of the very best fans available right now are be quiet! Silent Wings 3. Others are Phanteks PH-FxxxMP, Thermalright TY-147A SQ( only 140mm),

Soldato
Airflow requirement pretty much determine how fast fans need to run .. airflow and restrictions of case vent area, grill mess and filters.

Soldato
silent loop , run at 100% and shouldnt be able to hear it , 19db

ran mine , all 7 plus of them at 80% next to a 3 month yr old cotbed , even when benchmarking for a few hours on end

Associate
Probably the Noctua NF-A12x25, which is supposed to be in a league of its own at 120 mm. Pricey though, nearly £30 each.

Back
Top Bottom